*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I am inches away from buying my first 2008 fz6 and need your help for the final push! I have sat on it a couple times but have not seen myself in the saddle. I am 6'3 and 200 lbs and worried that I am going to make the bike look small. If anyone who is as tall or taller could give me some advice, or even post a pic/video of them on the bike it would help me out so much! Thank you all in advance. Have had a great time getting to know you on the forum.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2 and my FZ feels great... Don't know about the weight aspect as I only weigh around 150 lbs...

And who cares if the bike looks small as long as you are happy with it.

If you can take one out for a test ride to see how you fit on top of it.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Yep, your going to look like a monkey doing the nasty to a football:rolleyes::D

If you like the way it feels then don't worry about how you look on it, doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable and enjoy riding the machine:thumbup:

Jerry

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha thanks for the advice so far and I know looks do not matter. Would be nice if didn't look like I was humping a football though! Haha keep the advice coming! Would love to see a pic of someone my size on the bike! Thanks again guyz!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There was a thread on this forum about the average height.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/23906-average-height-fz6-rider.html - plenty of tall guys riding FZ6 here

I'm 6'3, 220 lbs. I think it fits me perfectly, except, maybe i'll raise handlebars for touring. As for looks - well, it's subjective. Personally - i don't care what somebody thinks, but i haven't heard from my friends that it's too big for me (and they wouldn't miss an opportunity to make fun of me if i did)

TS

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Smersh thanks for the thread and info! I did do some research and found that info on here but also thought a poll would be cool to see all the data gathered and organized. Thanks again! Still would love to see some riding photos

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Already sent you this pic via PM, but I'll post it here too for ****z & giggles:

BotchPokerRun.jpg

I'm 6'5"...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How are you going to worry how you'll look when all people will notice is that stupid grin on your face. :BLAA:

I know lot's of tall people on the FZ6 and they look great!

We all have different inseams?

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Not worried about it to much just wanted to check in with you guyz and thought the poll would be helpful for people in the future who come to the forum checking fit. Thanks EVERYONE for all the killer info! Have a great price on a 2008 and really think I am going to go for it after new years!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Not worried about it to much just wanted to check in with you guyz and thought the poll would be helpful for people in the future who come to the forum checking fit. Thanks EVERYONE for all the killer info! Have a great price on a 2008 and really think I am going to go for it after new years!

Better to lock in the deal now or you could be posting about the great '08 FZ6 you let get away. Thinking a deposit should hold it until after the holiday :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Caring what you look like on a bike is the first step to not getting the most enjoyment out of it.

The only view that matters is the one from the c0ckpit, and all you can see there are handlebars, cluster and road. And pretty much all of the time you won't care about two of those things.

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, everyone is on me for looks and say they don't matter, yet several people that have commented have matching gear and stylistic non-necessary mods. Everyone cares what they look like to a certain extent and I am no different. All I am trying to do with this thread is get a wealth of rider height data and quantify it in the poll and you guys are helping a lot -thanks! I think this could also be useful for several other future fz6 riders who are checking fit. It is good to know that I will look fitting and not abnormal on the bike. Thanks again!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, everyone is on me for looks and say they don't matter, yet several people that have commented have matching gear and stylistic non-necessary mods. Everyone cares what they look like to a certain extent and I am no different. All I am trying to do with this thread is get a wealth of rider height data and quantify it in the poll and you guys are helping a lot -thanks! I think this could also be useful for several other future fz6 riders who are checking fit. It is good to know that I will look fitting and not abnormal on the bike. Thanks again!

Having matching gear doesn't impact your experience on the road.

Deciding to go for a bike which will give you less enjoyment because of looks will.

I'm 6'3" 240lbs and have been told I look a bit big on the bike. But I never hear them because I'm too busy revving the piss out of the engine trying to get a good launch.

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Better to lock in the deal now or you could be posting about the great '08 FZ6 you let get away. Thinking a deposit should hold it until after the holiday :thumbup:

No kidding!! After reading your post I called him and guaranteed purchase! Has taken it off the market and will deliver after new years. Stoked! Thanks for the advice

Surfcleanlines13

Reaction score
Visit site
Having matching gear doesn't impact your experience on the road.

Deciding to go for a bike which will give you less enjoyment because of looks will.

Yes, choosing matching "cool looking gear" can impact your experience on the road if it is ill fitting. Just like a bike. But that is why you try stuff on and test it out before you buy. I have not had the privilege to test out the FZ6 long term. That is why I am asking the experienced owners who have for advice on this issue.

I have done my research and know this bike is what I am looking for from a mechanical point of view. Just doing my due diligence and making sure I won't regret any part of my purchase because of my size and shape.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, choosing matching "cool looking gear" can impact your experience on the road if it is ill fitting. Just like a bike. But that is why you try stuff on and test it out before you buy. I have not had the privilege to test out the FZ6 long term. That is why I am asking the experienced owners who have for advice on this issue.

I have done my research and know this bike is what I am looking for from a mechanical point of view. Just doing my due diligence and making sure I won't regret any part of my purchase because of my size and shape.

I have no issue with this. But you didn’t say that. You said:

I have not seen myself in the saddle. I am worried that I am going to make the bike look small.

As for matching but ill-fitting gear, that is the same issue and I tell those people they are wrong too (assuming it is ill-fitting….which honestly matching gear usually isn’t since matching gear is usually more expensive and more expensive gear usually gives better stitching and fit…..but if someone bought a jacket because they thought it looked badass but it fit like crap and hindered movement….then yes, that guy is wrong and foolish).

Anyway, my point is just don’t worry what you look like. Usually the guy who looks the most retarded is having the most fun. That being said this is still a big enough bike from the looks side so it doesn’t look like you’re riding a pocket bike.

As for long term comfort and fit:

Because of the seating position the size of the bike is not really an issue. I have sat on Dirk(krid80’s bike)'s bike and he has a set of lowered footpegs. Those make a massive difference even though it is only an extra inch and half of space they provide. Handlebars you will want to get the FZ1 bars if you are into sportier riding or the taller/wider options if you are more into the touring side. Both options make for an easier time on your wrists than the crappy stock bars. They are crappy because they have a wicked bend in them and make you bend your arms inwards at the forearm if you have longer arms like you probably do (you frakking ape) haha.

Now, with that aside, living with the bike long term:

Round town: For trips around town, even end to end if you live in a big city, you will have no issues with comfort. The stock seat is rubbish but that affects everyone regardless of size. Get the Top Saddlery upgrade if it is an issue.

Long haul: Here is where the size becomes noticeable. But really, the only way around this is to get a completely different category of bike. As it stands, being a tall rider on a 600cc sport-touring machine you will be able to ride 10 hour days. You will be able to ride full tanks of gas. But you will need to stretch when changing gas (as you would on any bike).

Now, I have worse knees than the next guy and my legs cramp up a bit. So on my 10 hour days and 2-3 hours between tanks of gas, I need to stand on the pegs for 5-6 minutes every 100km or so. Doing so, I can ride indefinitely all day long for a week. Size is not really an issue. Besides, it’s fun barreling down the highway with your head a few inches ahead of your bike. Makes you feel like you’re flyyyyyyyying!! *flap flap goes the birdy* Oh crap! Don’t let go of the handlebars when doing this!! :p