50,000 Miles Club

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After 1228 days coming off the showroom floor, brand spanking new.

P1010049.jpg

Out of 20,000 forum members, I'm not sure how many of have reached this milestone. Off the top of my head, only seven Gosling (where are you)? Bmccrary, Dunno, Cali Rider, Calidin, Guitar Man and Cloggy! If I missed anyone, post up!

Themadclowns & mduhon welcome to the club! And norcalwelder & Crazydmc. Recent addition Drumbum and Mac fz6n...who's next?

chnordiste.

Congrats to our newest member Yamihoe. Payneib!

This picture was take on the 20th of August 2010 when I was in LA for the big Pow Wow between the Northern and Southern California members

Bike is a 2006, but purchased brand new on April 10 2007. That's an average of 41 miles or 66 km a day

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Good going Vegas! Mines nearly at 20K,so still a bit to go.
How does the bike feel? By that I mean does it still feel properly screwed together?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 1228 days coming off the showroom floor, brand spanking new.
Sure, make me do the math... :mad: It's at least an '06, from the dash photo... ;)
I'm halfway there, thought I'd do better once the GF left but I guess I've been lazy... :spank:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But if you lived in a place you could only ride 5 months out of the year and 7 on a stellar and rare year, and if during all but 2 of those months the only time temperatures were more than 10 degrees above freezing were for a couple hours in the afternoon.....

where would you be?

let's see you do the math on that one!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
But if you lived in a place you could only ride 5 months out of the year and 7 on a stellar and rare year, and if during all but 2 of those months the only time temperatures were more than 10 degrees above freezing were for a couple hours in the afternoon.....

where would you be?

let's see you do the math on that one!!

Sounds like somebody needs to move. Defect to the states Lone.

68,000 miles :eek:
same question really,how does the bike feel?

Don't know, I need to ride somebody else's FZ and see how it feels. But I just came off a 11 day, 4600 mile roadtrip. Then five days later, another 1000 miles down to Southern California.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are bike riding fiends. I've only got 21,000 miles on my 08 and it still feels and rides darn good. Still have a few miles to go before I get in the elite 50,000 mile club.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike still feels fine.
Some days I think its tired but in reality I kinda baby the bike during the daily commute.
A major factor is the roads I use. I ride the bike to & from work each day which is 42km (26m) each way. Its mostly 80k speed limit & I pass 3 sets of traffic lights. I also take it pretty easy in an attempt to conserve fuel & tyre wear.

Continuous stop start riding is what wears a bike down. Sprockets, brakes, head stock bearings etc.
That said. When I occasionally give the bike a flogging I wring it to within an inch of its life. It probably does it good to clear its throat every now & then.

Ive also clocked up some serious miles in touring mode just chugging along at 100km all day long. Stopping for fuel & the occasional beer ive done several trips covering 1200km (750miles?) in a day :thumbup:

Fresh oil & 98 octane fuel. I got no complaints.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas you the man!

That dude from NJ...don't remember his name...had almost 80,000 miles a few years back. Where is Gosling?

I don't even think I have 50,000 miles of riding under my belt...more like 36ish. And 19,000 of that is in the 20 months or so....which is around 32 miles a day. 90+% twisty I'd guess. that's what happens when you move from flat/grey/cold to warm/sunny/mountainous.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are warriors! Seriously! I've done coast to coast and you guys did some big miles in a very short time. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are warriors! Seriously! I've done coast to coast and you guys did some big miles in a very short time. Big props!! :rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I work too much and have a 4.5 mile commute. I am closing in on 26k miles on my 2006. All of my miles are from trips mostly. 9 miles a day commuting doesn't add up fast.

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya know, I was chugging along fairly well(14-15ish in the first year). But ever since I got rid of my car, I find I ride my bike less and less. I use to go hit the lake, red rock, etc for fun. Now that it's my daily commuter, I'm barely past the 20k mark. So very sad.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas, you should try and come up here and do a NorCal tour with me some time. The roads up here are the best I've been on.

Yes, on the way up north after crossing the Golden Gate, I took Highway 1 down to Stinson Beach and up the coast. That road was awesome.

Heading up the 101 I also came across a lot of roads with signs posted that vehicles over 35ft are prohibited or not advised. Talk about an invitation for bikes.

Ya know, I was chugging along fairly well(14-15ish in the first year). But ever since I got rid of my car, I find I ride my bike less and less. I use to go hit the lake, red rock, etc for fun. Now that it's my daily commuter, I'm barely past the 20k mark. So very sad.

When you use your bike as your only ride, and ride every single day. Sometimes it's tough to find an excuse to go ride. That's why I too rarely go to Red Rocks, or the lake. Maybe once a year.

But major road trips are fun! Meeting other forum members and riding with them is even better. I've met over 30 members, all have been great.

My last major road trip, I never met Dirk, Lone or John from Ventura. But it's like we have know each other for decades. Was such a blast.

Why don't you tag along to one of these Southern California rides? Lots of fun. California has the best roads.

And another thing I like about California. The majority of the Cagers have the common sense and awareness to acknowledge the motorcyclist. Either by lane splitting or yielding to the bikes by pulling off on a turn out to let us by. Not everyone, but certainly most and definatley more than you would find in any other state IMO. For the most part, California Cagers :thumbup: