My new winter project

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this on craigslist the other day, just got her home. I'm always itching to pull out the tools and work on the bike, but let's be honest, the FZ is an '08, not much needs done. So I picked up this little gem, a 1981 Honda CB750, AKA The POS. Electricals are shot, lines are rotted, over the years it's been rigged who knows how many times. BUT, the engine is strong! I can't wait to rip it apart and build it up better. I don't know what I am going to do with it, but I do know whatever it ends up being, it's gonna kicka$$. Any ideas?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stripped down bobber, jockey shift, straight pipes, drag bars, painted flat black.

Just a few ideas that popped into my head :BLAA:
Enjoy wrenching and keep us updated on whatever you decide to do

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chopper? I like those air intakes. It's got some style. I like the idea of a bare-bones no nonsense hot rod.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Return it to bone stock. Those things have their own odd, funky personality -- like someone mentioned a hot rod. There's that '70's muscle car thing going on.

Sweet project, no matter what you decide to do with it.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
looks like you have enough of everything there in good enough shape that i'd go for a "restore" type project. i'd probably paint it a non-original color and might look for different bars and seat but for the most part i wouldn't go too crazy. they have a nice look to them without too much having to be done.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a great project. Your subject has lots of potential. Some nice "classic" styling there. Staring with a bike from the 80s for a restoration is a good idea - everything will be simpler. I think things from that timeframe were made to be maintained and last.

I recently saw a Honda Windjammer that looked really nice. It may well have been that basic bike with a touring fairing on it.