Tall jacket Alert!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Air Force base I work at has now decided all motorcyclists must wear "long-sleeved, brightly-colored" shirts/jackets while on base. Nobody but Aero$tich makes Tall sizes in anything other than black, so for now I have to put a stupid orange vest on over my motorcycle jacket (I can legally wear just a white dress shirt on base, as long as it's long-sleeved, but never mind...)

Firstgear has been advertising an '09 Mesh-Tex jacket heavily in the mags lately, and they DO come in DayGlo Talls, but every place I've tried to order it lists it as "discontinued". Kinda odd for an '09 design... :(

Anyway, I sent an email to Firstgear this afternoon, and they've already answered me! They're coming out with a new jacket called the "Rush-Tex" and the gentleman said it should be posted on their website ( www.firstgear-usa.com ) by tomorrow, and it too will come in Talls and multi-colors. I'll have to jump on it as soon as I can when I see it. :cheer:

I need to go back to their website, it had a blurb about "reactive armor" or something like that, it was a new plastic they use in their shoulder/elbow armor that stays soft when its flexed at low velocity, but stiffens up at high velocity/impacts. Impressive! And if their new jacket incorporates this stuff, I guess I can wear my orange vest a few more weeks! :rolleyes:

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to go back to their website, it had a blurb about "reactive armor" or something like that, it was a new plastic they use in their shoulder/elbow armor that stays soft when its flexed at low velocity, but stiffens up at high velocity/impacts. Impressive! And if their new jacket incorporates this stuff, I guess I can wear my orange vest a few more weeks! :rolleyes:

this sounds similar to Motoports quad-armor.

Motoport has some nice hi-viz fabrics, and will custom size your jacket..its pricey, but its very good protection.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Hill AFB is tightening up the regs, huh? Man, that's a pretty dumb requirement...you'd think they were a military institution or something :rolleyes:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
have you tried TourMaster they make a couple hivis yellow jackets
Whoops, forgot about them. Yes, they now have a Tall half-black/half-hivis now, but my current jacket is their Intake; it's okay but the zippers are weak and the velcro cheep, would like to try another brand. Thanks!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh, I figured out how to post the "rules" here, check out the color chart to determine if you're "brightly colored"... :rolleyes:

BrightColorsHill.jpg