Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    100K Mile Member Taking the BRC2 tomorrow VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Taking the BRC2 tomorrow

Don't forget to bring your credentials for the bike along with your DL. Current registration, insurance, etc.

My advice for the FZ6, disconnect your fuse to your headlights. It's tough to keep your bike charged during the BRC2's or any advanced class for that matter.

You will have fun and probably gain some new friends too! It's pretty interesting what mixture of bikes you get to see people take the course with.

If I had to pick one word in order for anyone to be successful to all of the exercises, it would be the word "Technique"
    VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

2. Thanks Erci, rumblestrip thanked for this post
    Howie Mandel's evil twin Taking the BRC2 tomorrow Erci's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGASRIDER View Post
    Don't forget to bring your credentials for the bike along with your DL. Current registration, insurance, etc.

My advice for the FZ6, disconnect your fuse to your headlights. It's tough to keep your bike charged during the BRC2's or any advanced class for that matter.

You will have fun and probably gain some new friends too! It's pretty interesting what mixture of bikes you get to see people take the course with.

If I had to pick one word in order for anyone to be successful to all of the exercises, it would be the word "Technique"
    Great advice, Kenny! I forgot to mention the fuse thing.. I pull mine when I coach.

4. Thanks rumblestrip thanked for this post
    rumblestrip (OP)
    Coffee Drinker Taking the BRC2 tomorrow rumblestrip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is great! I'll take a look in the manual when I get home from work, today.

I'll try to get a photo of some of the bikes tomorrow. And yeah, I'm hoping to improve on technique in the BRC2.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

"That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Check your tire pressure. It's part of the 'T' in TCLOC.

My one word for the class is "smoooooooooooth". Everything you do (controls, body movement, etc) you want to be as smooth as possible.
    Mike
    WERA, FASTTRAX\MotoSeries, AHRMA EX#242, MSF Rider Coach, SportbikeTrackTime Instructor

7. Thanks rumblestrip, Erci thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, and most importantly - have fun!!!
    Mike
    WERA, FASTTRAX\MotoSeries, AHRMA EX#242, MSF Rider Coach, SportbikeTrackTime Instructor

9. Thanks rumblestrip, Erci, Cloggy thanked for this post
    100K Mile Member Taking the BRC2 tomorrow VEGASRIDER's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rumblestrip View Post

I'll try to get a photo of some of the bikes tomorrow. And yeah, I'm hoping to improve on technique in the BRC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by MG-242 View Post

My one word for the class is "smoooooooooooth". Everything you do (controls, body movement, etc) you want to be as smooth as possible.
    Although this picture is not from the BRC2, you will be doing something similar. I won't spoil all of the fun that waits.

VEGASRIDER...................Member # 35
    2006 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6, 2014 Ducati Multistrada ST

Link to 50,000 Miles Club

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...000+miles+club

Helmet: Shoei GT-Air & Qwest,
    Pants: Motoport Airmesh Kevlar
    Gloves: Motoport Race Gauntlet & Winter Gloves, First Gear Heated Gloves
    Jacket: A bunch
    Boots: Daytona Roadstar GTX, BMW Sports Dry Boots

11. Thanks MG-242, rumblestrip, darius, Cloggy, motojoe122 thanked for this post
    rumblestrip (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The BRC2 was a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I did it. I realized I've been practicing some good habits, and that I have a couple that I can work on some more. I can go into more detail later if you all want. Erci...the peanut was definitely one of my favorite parts. I have to say that I'm glad I was on my own bike, and that I appreciate it more for what a great one it is all the time.

I snapped a quick photo of the bikes.

13. Thanks Erci, lytehouse, Cloggy, darius, MG-242, VEGASRIDER, dpaul007 thanked for this post
    Howie Mandel's evil twin Taking the BRC2 tomorrow Erci's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The BRC2 was a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I did it. I realized I've been practicing some good habits, and that I have a couple that I can work on some more. I can go into more detail later if you all want. Erci...the peanut was definitely one of my favorite parts. I have to say that I'm glad I was on my own bike, and that I appreciate it more for what a great one it is all the time.

I snapped a quick photo of the bikes.
    Excellent! Happy to hear you had a good time and maybe learned something

15. Thanks rumblestrip thanked for this post
    rumblestrip (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess what I took out of it was that my habits were covering the brake lever, smooth braking (which you pretty much have to do any on the FZ6 if you don't want to wreck) and throttle and clutch control. What I need to improve on are looking ahead and keeping my head up, as well as relaxing my arms. I'm about to go practice those now, while I make a couple of grocery runs on the bike.

The parts I really enjoyed in the course were the tight maneuvers, and cornering. The slow turns....that tip to hold the throttle steady, leave the clutch alone, and ride the rear brake a bit when necessary really paid off. It feels like the bike should go down, but the only reason it would is because of the rider. Pretty awesome to feel it working and improve on it in class.

All said, I thought the class was a good brush up on things learned in the BRC, and a nice step forward in furthering some skills. The instructors were very cool, and so were the other guys on the course. I think I even managed not to get a sunburn, which is saying something.

I'm looking forward to the ARC in another 6000 miles or so.....I mean, next spring. Thanks, everyone, for all the feedback and advice! Time to take the bike out for lunch, and wine and grocery shopping.

17. Thanks darius, Erci, tejkowskit, MG-242, lawlberg, VEGASRIDER thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What I need to improve on are looking ahead and keeping my head up, as well as relaxing my arms.
    Good advice for any rider. We humans like things exciting and looking down or too close makes things happen fast and exciting. Looking ahead slows everything down giving more time and space to react. It's not something we do naturally and needs to be practiced all the time, like when driving, walking, running, bicycling-all good practice for keeping your eyes up and looking ahead.
    Relaxing our arms and our grip permits the fine muscle control for the finese needed for throttle control and smooth braking.

Glad your experience was positive and thanks for sharing it.
    Mike

19. Thanks rumblestrip, Erci thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast