Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WhiskeyDingo (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Bike, New Problems. Starting Issues and Code 33

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    The pump will make some noise (whine, from inside the tank), for about 2-3 seconds when turning the ignition switch ON initially.

Pushing the start button should NOT affect the pump as the pump is simply pressurizing the fuel rail.

You should, then, when pushing the starter button, just hear the starter spinning the engine (red kill switch set to run)..

With the short firing of the engine, you have spark..

If your getting that, it sounds like the fuel injectors are not getting power and / or no ground to activate them..
    It's not likely that all injectors are completely clogged but an electrical issue. You can confirm by doing a fuel pressure test on the rail but that's likely not the problem..

Motogiro would know how to address test that..
    Alright. Sorry for the late updates.
    Iím a bit of a weekend warrior when it comes to this stuff. (I just moved into a new place and Iím trying to keep the neighbors on my side)
    I tried this morning before work and same issue. New gas in the tank and new spark plugs. I forgot to check the codes this morning though. everything is acting as it should, itís just not igniting, unless directly dumped into the airbox.
    Would my next step be to check the ignition coils? I have a very bad feeling that this is a fuel pump issue, hence the low price. PO did a lot quality work/upgrades, aside for the Starter Relay error.

Bike is in the 50,000 miles club too. Cool could be dead or fuel pump. Should I start with the cheaper option and order new Ignition coils or take it to the shop and let them tell me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyDingo View Post
    Would my next step be to check the ignition coils? I have a very bad feeling that this is a fuel pump issue, hence the low price. PO did a lot quality work/upgrades, aside for the Starter Relay error.

You HAVE SPARK. It's FIRING when fuel is supplied via you.

You can check the coils, but they are WORKING... ?? I don't know why your not checking the fuel system / injectors / etc....

I think it needs to go to the shop as no one is following / addressing the fuel system and chasing coils for some reason

Good luck..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

3. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the fuel pump from the tank and bench check it. 9 out of 10 times the pump is clogged or failed.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Cafť Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

5. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    WhiskeyDingo (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    You HAVE SPARK. It's FIRING when fuel is supplied via you.

You can check the coils, but they are WORKING... ?? I don't know why your not checking the fuel system / injectors / etc....

I think it needs to go to the shop as no one is following / addressing the fuel system and chasing coils for some reason

Good luck..
    Hahaha, thanks FJR. Something you just need a reality check. Coils are on my mind because of the codes and Honestly, I want it to be the easier of answers. Plug and Play sounds a little nicer than digging out injectors.

Iíll take your advice and check out the fuel System this weekend.

7. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    WhiskeyDingo (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll pull that out Saturday night and see how that goes. I’ll keep you updated

9. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12