Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turd Furguson (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FZ6 and tall ppl

Hello everyone !! I have been nosing around here a while and like that atmosphere. So I decided to register.

Anyways, I am a tall man. I stand at 6' 6". So my questions is, does anyone see any issues that I should be aware of if I was to buy a FZ6? I sat on a used 05' that someone was selling and I seen absolutely no issues with how it felt. Legs and arms were not cramped. I have a 38" inseam.

The guy is asking $3900 for it and it has 3200 miles on it. Only mods are a throttle lock.

Now I have never rode a bike before, but this one feels like a baseball glove to me when I sit on it. The SV650 felt odd as well as other types. The only comparable bike would be the V-strom since it sits higher.

I am a noob to motorcycles so please share the wealth.

Hummingbird slayer. shaggystyle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FZ6 and tall ppl

I'm 6'7" and the only issues I had with the stock bike were (1) that the handlebars were a bit too far away and I had to reach for them (which caused sore shoulders). I fixed that by installing some sw-motech handlebar offsets. (2)I also found the stock seat a little uncomfortable, mainly because I couldn't get far enough back from the tank. I fixed that one too. Both of these issues were really only problems on long rides and are easily written off as individual tolerance/comfort level. Stock, I was perfectly comfortable on the bike for about 30 minutes, much more than that and different parts started to ache. If you are going to do much touring, I'd recommend getting a new saddle and adding the bar-risers.

3. Thanks Turd Furguson thanked for this post
    wrightme43

Shaggy is tall compared to my short butt. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 6'5" and i have no problem with comfort.It gets little uncomfortable once you go over 70 mph cause wind is hitting directly to your face .It's not a big problem once you get use to it.I'm about to order a puig windscreen which is little taller so that will help too. I'm on my bike 2-3 hours every day and i never got tired after riding for so long.It's kinda aquard to shift gears while you tucked against the gas tank in hi speeds but i figured you'll have the same problem on any other bike so... They're just not made for tall people!!!Hope this was helpfull.

Turd Furguson (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent news. Just what I was looking for. Time to head to the bank tomorrow to take out a small loan pending on what my paycheck looks like in the morning. Then off to buy this thing.

On a side note shaggy, do you have any recommended internet site to purchase gear at? Being tall makes searching a very time consuming process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA, the true curse of being tall....finding clothes that fit.

newenough.com has tall sizes in some things. Motorcyclecloseouts.com is a little better. Be forewarned, all tall sizes only come in one color, black. It gets pretty annoying after a while, but that's just the luck of the draw. Good luck man and enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme43 View Post
    Shaggy is tall compared to my short butt. LOL
    We should have done a side by side LOL.....oh well, next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can attest that shagg is a giant of a man. A very cool and civilized man at that, but dang dude, is the air really thin up there? LOL
    07' FZ6 in superfast red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme43 View Post
    Shaggy is tall
    I'll say hello to his kneecaps if we ever meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i am not tall, so no advice there, but welcome to the forum anyway, and i absolutely died when i saw your screen name hehe
    **Behind every great woman is a man staring at her a$$.**

"If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall."

Do what you like.
    Like what you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast