Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New member welcome thread..

Hi from Brisbane Australia.
    Just bought a 2006 FZ6 in red. Picking it up tomorrow hopefully. Been a while since I've ridden and decided to ease back in to riding on something that has a bit of power for when I'm more confident again but docile enough to commute on through the week. I don't think I'll do many mods at this stage other than a good wash and polish the exhaust headers to bring the gold look back. It already has an aftermarket exhaust, top box, heated handle bars and adjustable levers. The front forks had some pre-load added via a stack of washers and it feels pretty good right now.

2. Likes Ohendo, ShoopCE liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May as well say hi as I am essentially a new member once more. I got a 2006 FZ6 back in 2011 and remember using a forum quite a bit. In 2013 I got in a bike accident (pedal, not motor) and I havent been on it much since.

Well I plan to change that and the barn ornament will be getting a bit of an overhaul and should be on the road soon. Hoping to find others that may like joining and helping me on this little escapade. I will post the shameful pics soon.

4. Likes bricksrheavy, Motogiro, ShoopCE liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy y'all! I got a 2007 FZ6 in black back in November, new to me. Just today, I finally got licensed and titled and I cannot wait to ride for the first time!

6. Likes ShoopCE liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! New member welcome thread.. Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New members!
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

8. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everybody!
    I am from Moscow, Russia!

On the weekend i have bought fz6 sa s2. It will be my second season (as i could say that)
    First season i rode on chinese motorcycle, named "Alpha". I think you dont hear about that model

Now i am really happy, on sunday i am going to register my bike It looks really good. Previous owner made full repainting of this bike, he is a fan of MOTO GP and Monster) i will make some fotos and show you, you will like it too..)

10. Likes Motogiro, Ohendo, ShoopCE liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome from Austria!

12. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

A season full of newbs! Mod away and ride safe all!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

14. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kingman Lim, Oakland, CA, USA just picked up an '08 FZ6 to compliment a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere. I'm semi-conflicted owning two motorcycles at once (w/o intention to sell one).

Previous motorcycles in reverse (descending) order (reading list from bottom up makes more sense):
    '05 Suzuki DL650 (great all-around motorcycle work-horse, getting wiser and more practical with age)
    '03 Yamaha YZF600R (I had to get back on another one of these engines!)
    '99 Nighthawk 750 (Air-cooled, hydraulic-valves [low maintenance] Honda stable staple)
    '95 Honda VFR750 (A marvel of Honda Engineering, way ahead of its time, a blast to ride)
    '00 Yamaha YZF600R (sleek, rugged, sporty, real-world alternative to the R6)
    '92 Honda CBR600F2 (Reliable, lightweight, agile, Honda race-bred engineering)
    '88 Honda VFR700F2 Interceptor (bought it with over 100k miles on the odometer, I learned to appreciate Honda's V4)
    '89 Yamaha FZR600 (Race-modded custom, high-performance but had some mechanical issues)
    '87 Honda CBR600F1 Hurricane (Fell in love with the ride, but low-sided to learn the hard way)

The '05 Suzuki was great; I was going to get another V-Strom (either 650 or 1000), but I like the Tenere with shaft drive, inverted forks, spoked wheels. I've already taken it on a few adventures. But now, for around town, the 600 lbs. of the Tenere didn't have me looking forward to backing it out of the garage.

I was looking at adding either an FZ6, VFR, or CB500 to the stable as more of a city motorcycle to compliment the Tenere, and I got a good deal on a local one.

So now I'm back on that Yamaha Inline-4 that essentially was on the YZF, only now it's fuel injected.

Riding it around today I'm happy I swooped up on one.. better savor it while it lasts, right?

Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by klimber; 05-20-2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: chronology clarification

16. Likes ShoopCE liked this post
    Super Member New member welcome thread.. ShoopCE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WELCOME new members!

Klimber - I can relate to your dilemma. I returned to riding when I bought my 08 FZ6 in 2013. Since then I've added an FJR, for longer rides and more knee comfort for the wife, and recently a WR450 plated for the street for - well, you know.

The FJR is an awesome ride and a rocket. The WR is amazing me with it's grunt. But the FZ6 remains my favorite.

Chris
    2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue
    R6 forks, R6 Mirrors, MRA Vario windscreen, ThrottleMeister, Shogun frame sliders, SpeedoDRD, Corbin GF&Lady w backrest, R&G FE

Vrrroooooom! New member welcome thread.. Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new members to this great forum!
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263 LastLast