Page 101 of 262 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New member welcome thread..

Hi Folks!

Well, I'll start off by telling a little about myself...

I'm a Registered Nurse and I work in the ER department in Abbotsford (new hospital!). Being a nurse, has some advantages when it comes to riding...I work 2 days, 2 nights, and then 5 days off. You can go a lot of places in 5 days off!

I just got my FZ6 delivered to me last Friday from my friend whom is the service manager at the dealership I bought my bike at (Pacific Yamaha/BMW in Richmond). Another buddy is Aaron in sales there, so the two of them really helped me out with my first bike purchase!

There was some minor damage from a drop and the bike hit a wall or something (guessing from the scrapes on it) so I had it repainted also and I'm extremely happy with the result...white with blue pearl. Looks awesome. I also got a Givi bag for the back as the bike came with the mounting hardware. Just installed my fender eliminator (competition werkes) and I also will be getting a Titanium Two Brothers exhaust sometime soon plus a few little extra's such as a nicer windscreen.

Anyways, this bike was owned by someone who clearly does not ride often as it had 2200KM on it...!! Barely warn in. Also, it still has a few months of warranty which is nice.

Got the bike Friday after a 12 hr shift, and then I proceeded to go on a 10 hour ride all around Vancouver and the Valley. Good times.

Super pleased with the bike so far, and I can't wait to go on a few day rides this coming week. Going to the Island sometime soon too.

Go hard or go home! New member welcome thread.. wolfe1down's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey guys. I'm JP, from Nova Scotia, Canada, but have lived all over Canada, and been all over the world. I'm a medic with the Canadian Forces.

I've been a FZ6 rider since I got back from Afghanistan in early '07. I bought a new late model silver/black 2005 (the FASTEST and best looking Fazer) as soon as I found one (the last one left ;p), and had to drive 7 hours with a U-Haul trailer to get it in a blizzard (I bought it in March). I pulled it out for the first time in early April to go for a test ride, and after 300m almost dumped it making a left hand turn... something to do with 7 degree (Celcius) pavement, and a cold rear tire (lol). I completed a trip around the block in 2nd gear, and stashed it until we had warmer (longer) weather. Best bike I've rode by far, and I love it.

My first bike was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 750S (another awesome bike). I traded it for some scuba diving equipment, and put it on the road (after ~$300 worth of work). It had 72000km on it, and when I finally dumped it (bad crash...) I had 111000km, after only 2 years.

Now, I like long walks on the beach, eating under the stars...err, I mean...

I like the wind on my face, the rubber side down, and riding with the 'pack' to places I've never been, for no reason other than to ride there.

Cheers,
    JP

Yamaha Lower Cowl Kit | Motovation Swingarm + Frame Sliders | SW Motech Barbacks | K&N Air Filter | Michelin Pilot® Road 2 Tires (Front & Rear) | All Balls Steering Stem Tapered Bearing & Seal Kit | TS Saddle | Givi E470 Topcase | Givi FZ351 Topcase Rack | bd43's Dual Headlight Mod | HVMP Bar Ends | Leo Vince Aluminum Exhaust | FAZR6 FE Kit | killernoodle Clutch Slave Lever | Givi PL351 Sidecase Racks | Givi e41 Sidecases | 2007 FZ6 Swingarm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Everyone,

I've been on here for a few weeks now, but never really introduced myself.

My name is Rob and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I don't have a bike yet but am going to pick up an FZ6 in the new year. I grew up driving dirtbikes. My parents wouldn't buy me one cause they thought they were too dangerous. So I saved up my allowance and money they gave me for getting straight A's and bought my own when i was 8. It was a Yamaha PW-80. I gave it to my little brother a year later then bought a YZ-80 which is a whole lot of bike at that age lol.

I Dj house music. It used to provide me with good money, but now has taken a backburner to my new job. I work as the business development manager for a mutual fund company.

So if you're from Southern Ontario, let me know. I am going to need some riding buddies next year.

Take care!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey JP - Welcome!
    I can attest to the Silver 2005 working equally well in the swelter that is Houston, Texas. Excellent choice and best wishes on upcoming bike-weather rides. Rabernar

hot diggity New member welcome thread.. mstewar1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot all about this thread!

There are way too many names to try and list off, so I'll just say hi to all of the new folks. I've just read through about the last ten pages of intros and that hardly scratched the surface of new faces! I hope to see you all posting up in the forums. I think you'll find it a welcoming, easy-going group here.

Gear up, ride often, post with pics. Check, check, and check.
    michael

"Make is a self licking ice cream cone."
    -- Hellgate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys, new here, my name is shannon and i'm from alabama. just got my fz6 saturday. my first sportbike. glad to find a good forum to hang out at. look forward to talking/meeting you guys.

oh, it's an 07 with 5k miles, and super fast blue.

shannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: New member welcome thread..

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but not to the FZ. I've got an 04 FZ in silver and have been riding nearly every day since I bought it in September of '07. Figured it would be best to let everyone know you had a new lurker on the loose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi y'all! Just picked up a 2009 FZ6 on the weekend and loving it. I am a Canuck working and living in Raleigh, NC. Working on my southern accent, but gets all messed up with my Canadian eh. Anyways enough babbling... need to do more riding!

Ronin New member welcome thread.. jtarkany's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All, enjoy and ride safe!
    If someone tells you, You can't do something, and you believe them, then YOU can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning all. Just found this place and have been having a look round. I recently passed the new UK bike test and bought an early FZ6, registered November 2003, so must be one of the first. Still very tidy condition and it's a blast to ride

Page 101 of 262 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast