Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: What oil do you guys use?

I use Motul 7100 4T 20W-50.
    BD43 Headlight Mod, Puig Dark Smoke Racing Windscreen, i600 Scorpio Alarm, K&N Air Filter, Shogun No-cut Frame Sliders, Harris FZ6 Tank Pad, Kraton Gel Grips, Junior Battery Tender, Cigarette Power Socket, F2P Garage Door Opener, Pazzo Levers, BackOff Brake Light Module, Yamaha Swingarm Decals, Magellen Roadmate GPS

MIJ_FZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread, but I have to say that the Moutl 300v is awesome. Noticebly faster revs. Shifting is about the same, still clunky at times. This is all I am going to run in it now.

3. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Motul 300v as well. I did they the Mobil 1 for motorcycles as well and I probably would have kept on using if the Motorcycle guys at Cycle Gear kept insisting that Motul was better, lol
    I did feel that the transmission engagement and gear noise was the best with the Motul
    I change the oil and filter once a year, which translates to about every 4 to 5 k miles or so.
    Last edited by Ital; 04-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: What oil do you guys use?

20 years ago I saw Amsoil as snake oil but seem to be running it today. Yes, MC specific. What I can say is the tranny in the Fizzer loves it. Power is super smooth and it's an annual changing with Wix filters.

I encourage the Mobil1 users to give it a shot and offer feedback as I drained that product out with 1,800 miles on the clock when I was riding 5k mi a year to find a night and day difference in engine smoothness, gear clunkiness reduction, and probably picked up like 27.83hp!!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

6. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123