Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57
  1. #41
    It's all good! Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement trepetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern New Joizey
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    So looks like I'm taking apart my rear brake af placing it back together? I'm not entirely comfortable with that but at least it's the rear brake and we all goes start somewhere?

    Also is brake grease motorcycle specific?
    Fyi inside pad is there. Hidden in the shadows. Zoom in and you can see it.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

  2. #42
    2007 FZ6 TownsendsFJR1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,791
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    So looks like I'm taking apart my rear brake af placing it back together? I'm not entirely comfortable with that but at least it's the rear brake and we all goes start somewhere?

    Also is brake grease motorcycle specific?
    Simply (and you can see it with NO disassembly), compare the pic of the slot and brake bracket with yours. If that slot isn't where it should be with the brake bracket, YES, now it has to come apart, and re-assembled correctly. HOPEFULLY (IF assembled wrong) that bracket didn't get bent.

    As for the pads, and the anti-rattle "spring", simply remove the two bolts that hold the pads in. The pads will come out when lifted upwards. Inspect that SS spring and that it seats as pictured above...

    BRAKE GREASE is not motorcycle specific, but is used ONLY for brakes. (high temp)...

    Do you have a shop manual?
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

  3. #43
    Johnson (OP)
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Simply (and you can see it with NO disassembly), compare the pic of the slot and brake bracket with yours. If that slot isn't where it should be with the brake bracket, YES, now it has to come apart, and re-assembled correctly. HOPEFULLY (IF assembled wrong) that bracket didn't get bent.

    As for the pads, and the anti-rattle "spring", simply remove the two bolts that hold the pads in. The pads will come out when lifted upwards. Inspect that SS spring and that it seats as pictured above...

    BRAKE GREASE is not motorcycle specific, but is used ONLY for brakes. (high temp)...

    Do you have a shop manual?
    Laying on the ground to see if the slot it does not appear to be out of place but again not a hundred percent sure on this.

    I was going to check the SS spring but having a hard time removing the screw plug (appears the be a flathead screw driver) and not the two 12/14 mm bolts on the side of the caliper. Any idea how to loosen that up?

    This is becoming more problematic than I thought and debating just taking it back to the shop that installed the chain/rear brake...

  4. #44
    It's all good! Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement trepetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern New Joizey
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Laying on the ground to see if the slot it does not appear to be out of place but again not a hundred percent sure on this.

    I was going to check the SS spring but having a hard time removing the screw plug (appears the be a flathead screw driver) and not the two 12/14 mm bolts on the side of the caliper. Any idea how to loosen that up?

    This is becoming more problematic than I thought and debating just taking it back to the shop that installed the chain/rear brake...
    I hate that screw plug. Make surd you have a screw driver that fits. If its too small you will bugger the screw up. In the past i have used a manual impact driver to remove it. Make sure you apply never seize to the threads when you reassemble.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

  5. Likes Motogiro, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
  6. #45
    2007 FZ6 TownsendsFJR1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,791
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Plus 1 ^^^.

    You need the correct screw driver to remove that "plug"

    Also, plus 1 using a hand held impact tool to remove it (with the proper sized tip).

    Before it gets too buggered up, it'd probably be best to bring it back to the shop.


    *I'd order a new "plug" for the future or you'll be drilling, easy out, etc, the worse it gets (PIA)

    Can you shoot and post a pic from UNDER the bike, pointing up at the swing arm / slot?
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

  7. Likes Motogiro liked this post
  8. #46
    It's all good! Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement trepetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern New Joizey
    Posts
    797
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Plus 1 ^^^.

    You need the correct screw driver to remove that "plug"

    Also, plus 1 using a hand held impact tool to remove it (with the proper sized tip).

    Before it gets too buggered up, it'd probably be best to bring it back to the shop.


    *I'd order a new "plug" for the future or you'll be drilling, easy out, etc, the worse it gets (PIA)

    Can you shoot and post a pic from UNDER the bike, pointing up at the swing arm / slot?
    The other thing i have done is apply heat with a torch to the caliper where the screw cap is. Its aluminum so it doesnt take but 5 to 10 seconds to get it free.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

  9. Likes Motogiro, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
  10. #47
    Vrrroooooom! Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement Motogiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    13,399
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    I had a neighbor with that problem last year. He'd already fixed it real real gooood. Lol! I used my roto tool and cut a new slot in the screw head. I heated the casting a little. Then used my large flat head with a square shank and a crescent wrench. I pushed hard into it and torqued the drive shank while I had him tap the end of the screw driver... "POP!!"

    It comes with years of experience as a maintenance machinist working on injection molds and presses. Yup heat is awesome if used properly.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

    Clif
    SoCal Hoon

  11. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
  12. #48
    Johnson (OP)
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Plus 1 ^^^.

    You need the correct screw driver to remove that "plug"

    Also, plus 1 using a hand held impact tool to remove it (with the proper sized tip).

    Before it gets too buggered up, it'd probably be best to bring it back to the shop.


    *I'd order a new "plug" for the future or you'll be drilling, easy out, etc, the worse it gets (PIA)

    Can you shoot and post a pic from UNDER the bike, pointing up at the swing arm / slot?
    Does this help?

    https://imgur.com/typgHcV

    https://imgur.com/hMecxto

    Honestly how bad can it be? It's not going to combust on me mid ride right? Fortunately it is cold as hell right now otherwise I'd be riding

  13. Likes Motogiro liked this post
  14. #49
    2007 FZ6 TownsendsFJR1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida, USA
    Posts
    10,791
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    From what I can tell by the second pic, it's NOT assembled correctly. It'd help ALOT if it was somewhat clean under there...

    And yes, if that main brake bracket is NOT in the slot, depending on where it is, it can spin on you in a hard stop.

    That's NOT taking into account the un-even braking, (the bracket is bent, the caliper would be crooked-making weird sounds).

    The arrow points to where the tab and slot should be. Is yours as such?

    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-17-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

  15. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
  16. #50
    Johnson (OP)
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Weird siren/whining like noise after chain/sprocket replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    From what I can tell by the second pic, it's NOT assembled correctly. It'd help ALOT if it was somewhat clean under there...

    And yes, if that main brake bracket is NOT in the slot, depending on where it is, it can spin on you in a hard stop.

    That's NOT taking into account the un-even braking, (the bracket is bent, the caliper would be crooked-making weird sounds).

    The arrow points to where the tab and slot should be. Is yours as such?

    So they would have done that while replacing chain and sprocket and not the rear brake right?

    Regardless, I am not sure how to fix that

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What fresh hell is this? - Whining engine noise, video included
    By bricksrheavy in forum Garage / Mechanical Help
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-07-2018, 04:07 AM
  2. Weird noise from front left
    By ozgurakman in forum Garage / Mechanical Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:49 AM
  3. hearing a weird noise on my fazer 2014 model military edition
    By lokeshkar in forum Garage / Mechanical Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 03:20 AM
  4. Chain and Sprocket replacement
    By Jakib2 in forum FZ6 General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
  5. weird noise!!! advice
    By oscarg85 in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 AM.
4.2.5
Image resizer by SevenSkins
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2007 , All content is property of 600Riders.Com All Rights Reserved. The opinions and posts on this site do not neccesarily reflect those of the site owners or operators.
Yamaha FZ6 and Yamaha rights are property of Yamaha Motor Company. 600Riders.com is not associated with Yamaha in any way. We are an enthusiast site dedicated to the Yamaha FZ6 motorcycles. Our goal is to offer a place for Yamaha FZ6 owners to discuss rides, events, mods, maintenance, purchasing, etc
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com