Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Chattering on take off

I just did my valve ADJUSTMENT and it wasn't terribly difficult taking your time and researching before hand.

There's a bunch of threads here re the procedure... I had ONE exhaust valve, .001" too tight (outside of spec's). A shop probably would have left it as is, but I was right there.. Added another 1.5 hours to it (first time for me on this bike) but I had a shim kit already. Most importantly, I know it was done right (saved a bunch of $) and actually done..

Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

2. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    deathjam4 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chattering on take off-20190730_124633-jpg
    So yea some mechanic some where a long timr ago needed to be fired.. Found this in my service manuel lol. Mayne that shop tech needs to read the book 2 pages before that that has exact oil specs lol

deathjam4 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you actually have to remove the cams to do it? If you know a place i can get a write up on parts and tools required that would be cool ill do it during the winter. I am ordering the haynes manuel soon as i ha e some do ray me as well which should help

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The cam(s) only need to be pulled IF MAKING AN ADJUSTMENT. As noted earlier, my exhaust cam had one valve too tight(closest to the camera actually)

For a check, and if all are within spec's, your just getting the valve cover off and checking lash with a feeler gauge.

There's a sticky under the "Tech Section" on how to check them..

PM sent as well..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

deathjam4 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok cool ill need to buy a torque wrench and feller gauge one day lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Found the thread on checking valve clearances:

https://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...nce-check.html
    Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Found the thread on checking valve clearances:

https://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...nce-check.html
    The forum is telling me I don't have enough permission to access that feature when I try to click the link. Anyone else have that issue?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_sanders View Post
    The forum is telling me I don't have enough permission to access that feature when I try to click the link. Anyone else have that issue?

Try copy, paste and enter on a clear browser.
    Scott

10. Likes jesse_sanders liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! Chattering on take off Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_sanders View Post

I noticed your signature says your using a mobile device through Tapatalk. Maybe it has to do with Tapatalk?

Sent from Moto's Motorola
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sir, I bet you're right. I'll try opening a regular browser and use the above information.

Thanks fellas.

13. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast