Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Geok (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fz6 throttle body and tps

he
    my fuel guae started to flash 8 times after some searching in google its tps error
    i did the d1 thing
    values is 16 close 63 wot
    but i noticed my throttle bodies not fully open when open the gas
    here a video
    https://youtu.be/AMIoKgxsuQw

any ideas?

to mention i dont feel any poor idle or any problem mpg is ok as before and the acceleration with any problem
    Last edited by Geok; 05-13-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: fz6 throttle body and tps

Your video shows the left side TB butterfly's OPEN MORE than the right side ones @ WOT.

There is an adjustment screw in-between the main two throttle bodies.

*Someone was definitly in there dinking about and screwed that up big time**.

Part #10 is your TPS: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...fz6st/intake-2

It's connected to the RIGHT SIDE TB SHAFT (which ISN'T OPENING fully), thus giving the LOW, 63 reading (should be about 100).

You really need a synchronizing tool to set the TWO TB's back in sync (PHYSICALLY, NOT just the air screws). The TPS reading will then go up as that center synchronizing screw gets them close to each other..

I circled the adjuster in blue that sync's the TB's together:

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-13-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

3. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! fz6 throttle body and tps Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly you should see 16 - 100 reading on the tps. I hear a click when opening and closing the throttle bodies. The throttle bodies may be fine but the tps may be bad. That bike doesn't have a physical throttle limiter does it?
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

5. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    If I remember correctly you should see 16 - 100 reading on the tps. I hear a click when opening and closing the throttle bodies. The throttle bodies may be fine but the tps may be bad. That bike doesn't have a physical throttle limiter does it?
    The throttle is opening way TOO far (left side at least) to have a limiter, but here's a pic
    of one which attaches to the left side for the cables:

I do agree thou, that TPS won't likely change another 40% or so .
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

7. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Geok (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant believe it !!!
    just take a look at the bike it has the limited throttle !!!!
    in the vehicle license its 98hp with all correct chassis and engine number.
    what a weird bike i have
    its 2007 model s1 but with o2 sensor and same as s2 header no abs

i bent it did the d1 thing
    close 16 open now 101
    Last edited by Geok; 05-13-2019 at 10:24 PM.

9. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excellent!

I would still have that throttle body MAIN SHAFT ADJUSTED so all butterflys open the same.

Did your flashing light stop?
    Scott

11. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

JM2C but the camera angle appears to be introducing parallax thus making it look worse than it is.

Don't mess with the screw just yet. Look for paint up and down the head, spring, and base material. If in line it likely hasn't been changed.

Placing a vacuum gauge to the sync tubes will tell you a lot. The right side would be very low compared to the left.

I wish I could find something like that on my car and get 25% more power!

These are the sync tubes.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

13. Likes Motogiro, Ital liked this post
    Geok (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Excellent!

I would still have that throttle body MAIN SHAFT ADJUSTED so all butterflys open the same.

Did your flashing light stop?
    well
    its all open at same i guess its the lighting flash and camera angles looks otherwise .

i did a ride now
    all i can say is WOW and i thought i had 98 hp haha ill go to the dealer to ask how come they selling 98hp bike with a limiter
    the fuel guage keep flashing but the bike feels as usual so i dont know

Again Thak you peaple

15. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Ha! WOW!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

17. Likes Motogiro liked this post