Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    haasfam (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch Stiffness

Hi everybody,

Has anyone else had a problem with a stiff clutch? I didn't think I had a problem until I took my buddies FZ1 for a spin and realize how stiff my clutch was. I read on another thread about the Pazzo clutch and was wondering if this might solve my problem. Any ideas? My hand and forearm would be aching after about an hour or so of city driving. I just thought I need to toughen up a little.

Thanks

Instructor Clutch Stiffness Boneman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Clutch Stiffness

Yes the FZ 6 has a 'heavy' clutch.

PAZZO will help. Also get a cable luber and make sure to lube and clean your cables. This will help.

I was lucky enough to also get a custom extended cluch slave lever that also helps a lot.
    "It's a shame that stupidity is not painful"

www.bonemanfz6.com - FZ6 Modding Heaven!!

Vancouver Island Safety Council Instructor

Canada is like your attic - you forget about it, but once you're there, you're like "hey, there's some really cool stuff up here!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My FZ6 is only a few months old and the clutch feels very stiff compared to other bikes I've owned. I lubed it and tested it while disconnected to see how much resistance there was in the cable. There was no change in the way it felt afterward. The clutch is definitely stiff by design (heavy spring tension). I actually prefer a clutch with some "pull back" but after a 7 hour sport ride with a ton of shifting, my left hand was really starting to ache. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    No great thing was ever accomplished without setback and failure along the way. Determination & persistence >> Success.

HavBlue

I don't know about yours but mine can be pulled with two fingers no problem. I don't consider it heavy at all. Especially when I compare it to the pull of the clutch on the Sporty or the Roadstar. The FZ6 is nice for me..

Samurai FZ Soldier Clutch Stiffness reiobard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing that you need to consider is that you may need to lube your cable. I didn't think there was anything wrong with my old bike when Keira took it for a ride and could barely even pull the clutch... Lubing it can help as well.

But as far as the feel of the clutch when properly maintained, the Pazzo's can help.

haasfam (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your advice. I will lube it up and see if that helps it.

HavBlue

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    one thing that you need to consider is that you may need to lube your cable. I didn't think there was anything wrong with my old bike when Keira took it for a ride and could barely even pull the clutch... Lubing it can help as well.
    She could barely pull the clutch on a Ninja 250?

Samurai FZ Soldier Clutch Stiffness reiobard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HavBlue View Post
    She could barely pull the clutch on a Ninja 250?
    My last bike was a YZF600R, my first bike was a ninja 250...she had the 250 after i did

HavBlue

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    My last bike was a YZF600R, my first bike was a ninja 250...she had the 250 after i did
    So what was the problem with the YZF clutch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecurb View Post
    My FZ6 is only a few months old and the clutch feels very stiff compared to other bikes I've owned. I lubed it and tested it while disconnected to see how much resistance there was in the cable. There was no change in the way it felt afterward. The clutch auto body part is definitely stiff by design (heavy spring tension). I actually prefer a clutch with some "pull back" but after a 7 hour sport ride with a ton of shifting, my left hand was really starting to ache. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Me too, I prefer the clutch with some pull back... Still, I think its the cable bro...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast