Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

Hi All,
    I got the Leo Vince installed installed about a year ago and right away at the dealer I immediately had them do the CO adjustment mod and had them set both co values to 24 however the bike was running way to rich and I lowered it to 14.
    I think the bike runs good, but I feel at low RPM it is still a bit rich, when I tried to lower down to 9 it did not run good, it would bog down a bit when trying to accelerate at low RPMs, do you guys think that was because it was running to lean?
    Just wondering what is your guys experience to get this down to just perfect? Should I keep these values always in sync?
    The dealer did this the first time for me so I am not sure what were the stock values, but from what I read other 2008 were both set to zero.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

Most of the factory values are different between cylinders.

I have open Scorps and never touched the CO settings(don't even know what they are). I don't have any issues(loping, richness, etc).

*I suspect at this point, W/O having the stock settings, your going to have to experiment with the settings until you find the sweet spot.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Put the CO values back to where it runs best >14 ?? and
    then set your idle speed to say 1300rpm. Confirm you can obtain 1600 to 900 rpm change. i.e. is it in the middle of of its travel??? Return to 1300 rpm.

Now take those 4 sync screws and for example turn them all equally in/out 1/2 to one turn.

At 1300 rpm you should get roughly 220mmHg / 8.6inHg of vacuum.

If you can get that close AND retain idle speed control, i.e. the thumb screw still moves idle above 1300 and below 1300, you should be good.

Too lean and they get slugish and can stall when coming down from RPM. With no cats at that vacuum setting it may stink a little. IIRC that equates to about 12.5:1 AFR which is rich compared to say 14.7:1 where the cats can burn more efficiently.

Buried in a post somewhere are values of AFR to CO value. Not the gauge cluster CO.

Let us know how it goes.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Put the CO values back to where it runs best >14 ?? and
    then set your idle speed to say 1300rpm. Confirm you can obtain 1600 to 900 rpm change. i.e. is it in the middle of of its travel??? Return to 1300 rpm.

Now take those 4 sync screws and for example turn them all equally in/out 1/2 to one turn.

At 1300 rpm you should get roughly 220mmHg / 8.6inHg of vacuum.

If you can get that close AND retain idle speed control, i.e. the thumb screw still moves idle above 1300 and below 1300, you should be good.

Too lean and they get slugish and can stall when coming down from RPM. With no cats at that vacuum setting it may stink a little. IIRC that equates to about 12.5:1 AFR which is rich compared to say 14.7:1 where the cats can burn more efficiently.

Buried in a post somewhere are values of AFR to CO value. Not the gauge cluster CO.

Let us know how it goes.
    Thank you Finallimpact, I think this is a bit over my head.. hahaha
    I goggled what are the fz6 4 sync screws and I could adjust the throttle body, but then I have no clue where or how to check "the 1300 rpm you should get roughly 220mmHg / 8.6inHg of vacuum"

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Sync screws are under the tank.
    You need a vacuum gauge, some hose and suitable "T" to connect the vacuum gauge to sensor by the TB.

Sensor is on the right.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Or just tune by ear. Turn all screws equal amounts until its better! !
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

7. Likes Ital liked this post
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I will have to invest in a carb synchronizer, Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

The CO settings are set specific to each bike at factory.

The FZ6 has 2 settings
    C1 controlling cyclinder 1&4 and
    C2 controlling cylinders 2&3

I had a fiddle and increased the set values by a small amount by adding a uniform 15 to both (I'm sure it does go up past 100 from memory).

Note that C2 (controlling the inboard cyclinders 2&3) is set higher than C1, anecdotally this would appear to be desirable to have slightly more fuel to aid cylinder cooling 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

I did this change about 7000 miles ago (I'm now at 57000 miles and have had the FZ6 since Nov2008).

Has it made the bike into a rocket ship - No. It's actually made a slight improvement in miles per gallon, maybe i don't need to open the throttle so hard, it definitely doesn't bog down when accelerating in a higher gear.

But what it has done is made it easier to cruise in 6th gear at high motorway speeds, where as before i was constantly changing between 6th and 5th.

Before
    C1 -3
    C2 8

After
    C1 12
    C2 23

2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?-20181229_121054-jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Regards, Simon

Black 2006 FZ6 Fazer - BD43 Headlight Mod - Osram Night Racer H7(55W) & H4(65/55W) - LED Eyebrow strips - Quad LED Side Lights - 2Wheels Brake and Clutch Levers (Silver with black Adjusters) - Drilled Stock Exhaust - Givi Rack & E45 box - Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart (3rd pair) - Oxford Optimate Charger Port - Belly Pan - Lowered 15mm - Crash Bobbins

10. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Senior View Post
    The CO settings are set specific to each bike at factory.

The FZ6 has 2 settings
    C1 controlling cyclinder 1&4 and
    C2 controlling cylinders 2&3

I had a fiddle and increased the set values by a small amount by adding a uniform 15 to both (I'm sure it does go up past 100 from memory).

Note that C2 (controlling the inboard cyclinders 2&3) is set higher than C1, anecdotally this would appear to be desirable to have slightly more fuel to aid cylinder cooling 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

I did this change about 7000 miles ago (I'm now at 57000 miles and have had the FZ6 since Nov2008).

Has it made the bike into a rocket ship - No. It's actually made a slight improvement in miles per gallon, maybe i don't need to open the throttle so hard, it definitely doesn't bog down when accelerating in a higher gear.

But what it has done is made it easier to cruise in 6th gear at high motorway speeds, where as before i was constantly changing between 6th and 5th.

Before
    C1 -3
    C2 8

After
    C1 12
    C2 23

2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?-20181229_121054-jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input, from what I read I found that all 2008 s2 have a default setting of both zero. I hope mine was as well.
    where as the s1 seem to be all over the place in values. I just change mine to +14 as well. Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow and I can try those setting out. I've been riding with +19 and the bike pulls very strong, only issue I have is at idle it is not very smooth, but it could be that i need to adjust the throttle body.
    Also when the bike is cold if I try to give it gas fast it wont rev up, like it is getting to much fuel, but I am guessing that is normal. It was odd that the mechanic at the dealer was telling me that was not normal and it was running rich... i dunno as I don't have a lot of experience, but when it is fully warm it revs right up with no hesitation.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ital View Post
    Thanks for the input, from what I read I found that all 2008 s2 have a default setting of both zero. I hope mine was as well.
    where as the s1 seem to be all over the place in values. I just change mine to +14 as well. Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow and I can try those setting out. I've been riding with +19 and the bike pulls very strong, only issue I have is at idle it is not very smooth, but it could be that i need to adjust the throttle body.
    Also when the bike is cold if I try to give it gas fast it wont rev up, like it is getting to much fuel, but I am guessing that is normal. It was odd that the mechanic at the dealer was telling me that was not normal and it was running rich....
    That mechanic is correct, it should NOT load up when cold and rev normally.

When cold, the revs (as you likely know) are slightly higher and the engine sounds different (richer)

Here's a video of mine (made to show charging voltages) on a COLD start.

NOTE, I keep my regular idle at 1,100 on purpose (the cold idle will be lower as well):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...6/29303851750/
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

13. Thanks Ital thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast