Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Shoot for c0 = 7, c1 = 25.
    You should be able to get a nice idle, retain full idle adjustment/sync screw compensation. But was this thread the one with stinky idle as main complaint?
    Maybe 0/25 to reduce throttle chop...

If so it depends what is important to you. Lean idle can lead to stalling especially with a cold engine.

O/T extreme fueling:
    Here's one for you. One time I let the data logger inputs make the correction fuel map / compensation to obtain a fuel ratio of 12.8:1 from 3k up.
    Well it hosed up and made it like 10:1 and although it never fouled plugs, mpgs went from 45 to 25mpg and there were few happy spots as it was so rich, it pretty much killed its performance. Reset and make manual corrections. Under high loads like idle to 4k 12.8:1 is the sweet spot with 13.1:1 taking care of business up top from ---> 4k to 13.6k where ignition cut occurs.

Few people run the Bazzaz F/C or I'd share the map. Its pretty well dialed in right now.
    done - want to mention that the setting are C1 and C2 (not C0, C1)
    C1=5, C2=24
    I had it set C1 at 7, but since I could not adjust the idle as I don't have a screw driver with me, it was running choppy, there is a spot around 1200 rpm that my bike does not like idle.. not sure why... above it or below it its fine.
    I then tried C1 setting of 9 and 5 and both worked well, but it idles better with 5... might even try zero at idle next....

Thanks for the input, that make much more sense that the C1 and C2 are for different rpm range and the feedback i am getting from these changes seem to confirm that.
    The lost of power I felt before is recovered with the C2 = 24 and my idle behavior does change when changing the C1

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    But was this thread the one with stinky idle as main complaint?
    No it is not, this one is about more powa

The Bazzaz F/C sounds pretty kewl, is that ECU tuning? how do I get it?
    I am into tuning cars
    Last edited by Ital; 05-16-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time lurker here- thanks to all of you who have posted your nods and how-to's on this forum, it's made tinkering on my bike a whole lot of fun.

I' recently ordered the Leo vinve exhaust, still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are on using a Power Commander vs adjusting the C values. I'm tempted to purchase the PCV but after reading a bit, it seems like many people say the PC maps are far from ideal, too rich. Seems like a waste to install a fuel management device that wastes loads of fuel.

Has anyone out there had their bike dyno'd and has a map to share for an S1 (2005), stock air filter, leo Vince?

Does anyone out there use the PCV with the autotune for this setup (S1, stock air, Leo Vince)?

Or should I just adjust the C values and save $?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've hijacked the thread- I couldn't figure out how to start a new one..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swissfz6 View Post
    Long time lurker here- thanks to all of you who have posted your nods and how-to's on this forum, it's made tinkering on my bike a whole lot of fun.

I' recently ordered the Leo vinve exhaust, still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are on using a Power Commander vs adjusting the C values. I'm tempted to purchase the PCV but after reading a bit, it seems like many people say the PC maps are far from ideal, too rich. Seems like a waste to install a fuel management device that wastes loads of fuel.

Has anyone out there had their bike dyno'd and has a map to share for an S1 (2005), stock air filter, leo Vince?

Does anyone out there use the PCV with the autotune for this setup (S1, stock air, Leo Vince)?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've hijacked the thread- I couldn't figure out how to start a new one..
    See attached.....2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?-tapatalk_1491864169320-jpg2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?-tapatalk_1491864174607-jpg2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?-tapatalk_1491864177845-jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Regards, Simon

Black 2006 FZ6 Fazer - BD43 Headlight Mod - Osram Night Racer H7(55W) & H4(65/55W) - LED Eyebrow strips - Quad LED Side Lights - 2Wheels Brake and Clutch Levers (Silver with black Adjusters) - Drilled Stock Exhaust - Givi Rack & E45 box - Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart (3rd pair) - Oxford Optimate Charger Port - Belly Pan - Lowered 15mm - Crash Bobbins

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissfz6 View Post

Thanks for your help.

I put OPEN Scorps on mine, stock Cat, air filter, etc...No other mods or adjustments.

Bike idles dead smooth, no loping, accelerates great..

I would install the LV W/O changing anything and see how she runs.

Should you decide to play with the CO settings, RECORD THEM, (write them on the garage wall) as once you change them(and forget), you can't go back to the factory settings if need be...

**Also, modding the air filter housing, after market filter, removing CATS, will cause idling issues, usually loping as too much air is NOW passing thru the engine for the computer to keep up..

You can usually get by with the muffler alone W/O issue..

It WILL be a very different machine with those pipes on!!
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123