Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    That mechanic is correct, it should NOT load up when cold and rev normally.

When cold, the revs (as you likely know) are slightly higher and the engine sounds different (richer)

Here's a video of mine (made to show charging voltages) on a COLD start.

NOTE, I keep my regular idle at 1,100 on purpose (the cold idle will be lower as well):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...6/29303851750/
    Thank you FJR, that is helpful. Are you able to see what is your CO is set too? Since your bike is an S2 I am wondering if both setting are set to 0
    My bike was bugging down cold when you GUN it.. if you rev it like you did in the video it is fine as well.
    That said I did go from +19 to +14 and the bike runs a bit smoother and idles better, did not try to GUN it (for a split second) cold but that will be my next test, but overall I think I am happy with the +14

+14 noticed\changes compared to +19
    * Smoother idle with very little fluctuations
    * Less Vibrations while cruising
    * Not as loud
    * Bike seems more responsive with less gas
    * Feels a bit less powerful\less torque
    * When downshifting I noticed less gear drag, meaning the bike does not slow down has hard when downshifting

I have my Revs at about 1,250 I am sure I can lower it some now. I had it set higher to try to smooth it out. I will adjust the revs and perhaps do a video of a cold start in the next coming days, once I find it running right. Thanks!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I found at 1100, the bike idles smoother, more engine braking, less clunking into first (from neutral), no more than 50RPM movement tops...

I don't rev the engine while cold (and I'm in SW Florida) , there's no reason to. Back the bike out of the garage while cranking up, put on my helmet, gloves, etc, roll down the driveway, drop in gear while rolling and go. It doesn't go over 4,000 RPMs till fully warm, engine cases warm(IE oil is warm).

As for my CO #'s. I have no idea, never checked. Everything is stock (no fuel add on's, etc) except for my open Scorps (as in the video). Ran like a top with that mod, no need to touch it.

On the FJR, none of the FOUR separate throttle bodies have the same CO # from the factory. And I've never heard of all being set at 0.

Whenever someone plans on adjusting the CO, I post, scratch the #'s on the WALL so they don't get lost as no two bikes will have the exact same #'s.
    I'm guessing Yamaha, at the factory, checks CO emissions and adjusts accordingly.
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-15-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

It's all good! 2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values? trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

for what its worth, my 05 bas co of 15 on 1 and 6 on 2. i left them and do all mf fueling changes on my PCFC. its largly guess work and butt dyno testing. i am contemplating purchasing stuff from innovate. putting in an o2 sensor and setting ny afr 2ith their data logger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, CRG RC2 levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, LED Headlights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies, Techspec tank pads, TownsendsFJR1300 aux power port mount, S2 Swingarm

4. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my idle after adjusting it with my co at +14
    I've adjusted as soon as i got home from work so the bike was nice and hot
    https://youtu.be/NpQ-vBv98pE

That is the RPM it runs best, if I go higher it jumps around a bit and then stabilizes again around 1300 rpm

Let me know what you guys think if that is good. Thanks!

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

08 mine was 0/0. Ran it as high as 35/35 and at that there was no idle control recovery. Simply too much fuel.

FWIW there is no logical reason to fuel 1 - 4 differently than 2 - 3. Its neither an FJR or an R6. It has batch fueling and ignition. You can't fuel them differently and have a proper running engine.
    A couple years back I connected an oscilloscope to the batch injectors and ran one side -35 the other -35. There was no change in duty cycle at low rpms.
    That's because c1 changes fueling higher up the rpm band.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    08 mine was 0/0. Ran it as high as 35/35 and at that there was no idle control recovery. Simply too much fuel.

FWIW there is no logical reason to fuel 1 - 4 differently than 2 - 3. Its neither an FJR or an R6. It has batch fueling and ignition. You can't fuel them differently and have a proper running engine.
    A couple years back I connected an oscilloscope to the batch injectors and ran one side -35 the other -35. There was no change in duty cycle at low rpms.
    That's because c1 changes fueling higher up the rpm band.
    From what I read, i found in multiple threads every time the 2008 had both settings set at zero. Finalimpact, what do you have your co set to now and what exhaust and air filter do you have? Thanks!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ital View Post
    Here is my idle after adjusting it with my co at +14
    I've adjusted as soon as i got home from work so the bike was nice and hot
    https://youtu.be/NpQ-vBv98pE

That is the RPM it runs best, if I go higher it jumps around a bit and then stabilizes again around 1300 rpm

Let me know what you guys think if that is good. Thanks!
    That video sounds and looks good to me...

FI, I have to disagree about the #'s. I don't believe Yamaha would haphazardly put in different CO adjustments just because...

In my old FJR, it had an issue (turned out to be a corroded wiring connection which the techs couldn't find), however I did bitch about it being so lean on the bottom end (noticeable surging below 3,000). They offered to make an "adjustment" (no further info) and I declined. They F'ed up my throttle sync (FJR) I later found (after buying a manometer for the FZ back in '09) .

And no, the FZ is not an R6 or FJR however the CO #'s adjust the same thing.

*Lastly, why would Yamaha allow those adjustments, or even make them available if not for a reason?
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-16-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Ital, 0/0. See sig it has fuel controller that adjusts down low. AFR at idle is 12.5:1.

The R6 of this era had 4 Cx adjustments. All 4 went up the RPM range overlaping each other. There was NO group fire or group injection. They could have controlled each cyl independently but you don't do that as the engine would self destruct.

The FZ is the same way. C0 for idle to 2200 rpm or so and C1 from 2k to 4500. Hence driving them up lessons throttle chop. So ya. We have to agree to disagree there. All this BS about running cylinders 2/3 richer is nonsense because its hotter in the middle... NO!!! If those Cx numbers did that you would never be able to synchronize the TBs if 1 and 4 are fueled differently (different injector duty cycle) than 2/3. Not to mention the engine would run like crap and wear itself out.

Think about it. If fueling at idle is 13 parts air to 1 part fuel and turning tiny air bleed sync screw changes anything at all what happens if change that ONE part fuel? (13:1 ratio) you would never be able to compensate. Right?

Obviously turning those silly little brass sync screws to change the AIR volume could never make up the disparity if C0/C1 altered the fueling at idle of 1/4 vs 2/3. It makes zero sense. Turn up C1 to 30 and see what happens to your S2 idle.... nothing. C1 impacts fueling at a higher rpm. Not cylinder 2 and 3.

If its not raining this weekend I'll try to get the beast out and show you.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Ital, 0/0. See sig it has fuel controller that adjusts down low. AFR at idle is 12.5:1.

The R6 of this era had 4 Cx adjustments. All 4 went up the RPM range overlaping each other. There was NO group fire or group injection. They could have controlled each cyl independently but you don't do that as the engine would self destruct.

The FZ is the same way. C0 for idle to 2200 rpm or so and C1 from 2k to 4500. Hence driving them up lessons throttle chop. So ya. We have to agree to disagree there. All this BS about running cylinders 2/3 richer is nonsense because its hotter in the middle... NO!!! If those Cx numbers did that you would never be able to synchronize the TBs if 1 and 4 are fueled differently (different injector duty cycle) than 2/3. Not to mention the engine would run like crap and wear itself out.

Think about it. If fueling at idle is 13 parts air to 1 part fuel and turning tiny air bleed sync screw changes anything at all what happens if change that ONE part fuel? (13:1 ratio) you would never be able to compensate. Right?

Obviously turning those silly little brass sync screws to change the AIR volume could never make up the disparity if C0/C1 altered the fueling at idle of 1/4 vs 2/3. It makes zero sense. Turn up C1 to 30 and see what happens to your S2 idle.... nothing. C1 impacts fueling at a higher rpm. Not cylinder 2 and 3.

If its not raining this weekend I'll try to get the beast out and show you.
    ahh that makes sense, I feel I can run it a bit leaner down low and richer on top.
    I think I will turn down C0 and turn up C1, I will experiment a bit... thanks!

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Shoot for c0 = 7, c1 = 25.
    You should be able to get a nice idle, retain full idle adjustment/sync screw compensation. But was this thread the one with stinky idle as main complaint?
    Maybe 0/25 to reduce throttle chop...

If so it depends what is important to you. Lean idle can lead to stalling especially with a cold engine.

O/T extreme fueling:
    Here's one for you. One time I let the data logger inputs make the correction fuel map / compensation to obtain a fuel ratio of 12.8:1 from 3k up.
    Well it hosed up and made it like 10:1 and although it never fouled plugs, mpgs went from 45 to 25mpg and there were few happy spots as it was so rich, it pretty much killed its performance. Reset and make manual corrections. Under high loads like idle to 4k 12.8:1 is the sweet spot with 13.1:1 taking care of business up top from ---> 4k to 13.6k where ignition cut occurs.

Few people run the Bazzaz F/C or I'd share the map. Its pretty well dialed in right now.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast