Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    trepetti (OP)
    It's all good! First ride with the R6 forks on my 05 ------- WOW trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: First ride with the R6 forks on my 05 ------- WOW

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_sanders View Post
    Looks like 43mm diameter and 166mm long

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks @jesse_sanders. Where are you looking that up? I'd like to know the length of the stock 05 FZ6 fork as well.

2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trepetti View Post
    Thanks @jesse_sanders. Where are you looking that up? I'd like to know the length of the stock 05 FZ6 fork as well.

Edited my original post, I'm American so metric measurements are meaningless to me. Let me keep digging.

Sorry about the bad information.

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

IIRC they are 12mm shorter.
    That said mine are raised 6 or 8mm above the triple and it is very flickable.
    I've never had stability issues at speed and I know I had them at 12mm for a while but think I settled on 8.

SAG is like 12/32mm / rear 10/29mm and I'm 185lbs w out gear. The bike is compliant, flickable, and very predictable!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

4. Thanks trepetti thanked for this post
    trepetti (OP)
    It's all good! First ride with the R6 forks on my 05 ------- WOW trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just found the thread on SBN that shows 7/16 shorter for the R6. That jives with the 12mm difference.

So assuming no big change in sag, i just dropped the nose almost 1/2 inch. That explains the new found agility!

2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

6. Likes ShoopCE liked this post
    Super Member First ride with the R6 forks on my 05 ------- WOW ShoopCE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, yeah - forgot about the slightly shorter front.

I also forgot to tell you about the built-in radar invisibility cloak. That feature can be quite useful.

But on a slightly more serious note,..

There's a new group called "Fork People" (thank you "bricks" - yes we are smug).

You can join Groups by going to your profile, then scrolling down to find the Groups listing on the left panel. Once there you can filter for "Hobbies, etc." and maybe you can search.

If you have made the mod or if you want to, enter the request and we'll approve it! Then you too can be a smug baahstid.
    Last edited by ShoopCE; 09-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue
    R6 forks, R6 Mirrors, MRA Vario windscreen, ThrottleMeister, Shogun frame sliders, SpeedoDRD, Corbin GF&Lady w backrest, R&G FE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12