Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?

Good luck with it bro hope the new pipes go on ok and you get enjoyment from them. Let us know how you get on. Like others have said I wouldn't mess with the settings unless you have a dyno to see how your actually effecting the running. I have a k&n air filter and debaffled scorps and it runs fine on idle and no back firing on decel. Some say I shouldn't have the k&n and if you have it with a aftermarket pipe you should think about a controller but mine runs fine from what I can tell. Would love to de-cat but I feel that really would be pushing it changing the pressure dramatically.
    2009 FZ6 S2 (Power blue) Scorpion exhaust (no baffles) K&N Air filter, Iridium spark plugs, JT Sprockets, D.I.D gold Chain, FZ8 clutch slave arm mod, Dual headlight mod, GIpro gear indicator (white digit) Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, R&G crash bungs, OEM belly pan, Iridium blue custom screen, Clear lens swap turn signals with clear lens led tail light, Led sidelights. Arai axces3 Helmet with Gopro session 4 chin mount & Sena smh-5 bluetooth.

2. Likes TownsendsFJR1300, MIJ_FZ6 liked this post
    MIJ_FZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it installed last night. I am so happy with it! Very nice authoritative deep growl at idle. No rasp as the RPMs rise. Road it about 10 miles last night to my buddies house and had a smile the whole way. About 7 people there last night, most riders a few were not, and they all agreed it sounded fantastic. My buddy road it around the block and I got to hear it in the distance. Loud yes but it sounds so good and deep that it's not that annoying high pitched raspy loud that is just offensive. Left the baffles in. As it sits right now it's walking a fine line of too loud but it is exactly what I wanted. I do not do long rides, and I am treating this bike as a toy if you will. Passed a handful of Police last night with no problems. I do not feel I need ear plugs, the window noise on the helmet is louder unless it turn my head or get on it.

I do notice though I was shifting around 4-5k vs higher on the stock exhaust. I can see it being too loud for some but it's perfect for me. The Y mid pipe could have had a bit better worksmanship, one of the ends was a tab bit higher than the other. The two mufflers and not perfectly centered, I think I'm the only one who would notice. Fitment was very tricky. Took me about 3-4 hours to install but I was taking my time and enjoying it. Overall very high quality, especially the cans. Exceeded my expectations there for sure. Here are some photos, thanks again everyone for the advice

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110320-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110332-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110359-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110408-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110419-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110433-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110445-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110459-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110508-jpg

Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust?-20180728_110516-jpg

* Bike is leaning on the kickstand. Looks like one is way higher than the other - it's not that dramatic.
    Last edited by MIJ_FZ6; 07-28-2018 at 09:47 AM.

4. Likes Erci liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congrates, knew you'd like ANY aftermarket pipes.

I'm kinda surprised it's "borderline loud" with the DB killers in...

You'll also be surprised at how much more traffic "knows" your there without seeing you, a definite plus in my book.
    It's rare I use the horn if stuck behind a cage not moving (distracted). A lil rev usually gets them moving.

I later bought and put DB killers in my Scorps and the bike sounded STOCK again. They got yanked before the end of the driveway.
    From your description, yours sounds the same as mine (But I DON'T have the silencers).
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Go Naked- Its liberating Delkevic - Best bang for the buck exhaust? agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MIJ_FZ6;639042]Got it installed last night. I am so happy with it! Very nice authoritative deep growl at idle. No rasp as the RPMs rise. Road it about 10 miles last night to my buddies house and had a smile the whole way. About 7 people there last night, most riders a few were not, and they all agreed it sounded fantastic. My buddy road it around the block and I got to hear it in the distance. Loud yes but it sounds so good and deep that it's not that annoying high pitched raspy loud that is just offensive. Left the baffles in. As it sits right now it's walking a fine line of too loud but it is exactly what I wanted. I do not do long rides, and I am treating this bike as a toy if you will. Passed a handful of Police last night with no problems. I do not feel I need ear plugs, the window noise on the helmet is louder unless it turn my head or get on it.

I do notice though I was shifting around 4-5k vs higher on the stock exhaust. I can see it being too loud for some but it's perfect for me. The Y mid pipe could have had a bit better worksmanship, one of the ends was a tab bit higher than the other. The two mufflers and not perfectly centered, I think I'm the only one who would notice. Fitment was very tricky. Took me about 3-4 hours to install but I was taking my time and enjoying it. Overall very high quality, especially the cans. Exceeded my expectations there for sure. Here are some photos, thanks again everyone for the advice

Now you know why I wear earplugs-just to ensure I minimize hearing damage- and why I put i nthe extra glass and s/steel- keeps Mr Plod off my back!
    glad yr happy w the cans!
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

7. Likes MIJ_FZ6 liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great that you got them on and are happy with them, like you I took my time and enjoyed putting my cans on. Like you said no-one but you will ever notice the small misalignment. I do like the aggressive looks of the delks. Happy revving!
    2009 FZ6 S2 (Power blue) Scorpion exhaust (no baffles) K&N Air filter, Iridium spark plugs, JT Sprockets, D.I.D gold Chain, FZ8 clutch slave arm mod, Dual headlight mod, GIpro gear indicator (white digit) Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, R&G crash bungs, OEM belly pan, Iridium blue custom screen, Clear lens swap turn signals with clear lens led tail light, Led sidelights. Arai axces3 Helmet with Gopro session 4 chin mount & Sena smh-5 bluetooth.

9. Likes MIJ_FZ6 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123