Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    NuterDuck (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scorpion - Not loud enough and too loud

So I just fittet a Scorpion set on my bike and to be honest - without the db-killers it's a bit too loud and yet with them it is just not loud enough. Hav anyone tried modifying the db-killers to get just a bit more "roar" out of them?
    Now don't get me wrong the "note" they make is soooooo much better either way then the stock muffler But I have a sneaking suspicion that all the people in the tiny village I live in would have me strung up by the balls and skinned alive if I start her up without the db-killers in at 5am to ride to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scorpion - Not loud enough and too loud

You can try drilling 10mm holes in the db-killers until you get the volume you like.

I ride with the db-killers installed in my Two-Brothers exhaust because without them it's just obnoxious.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

NuterDuck (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was what I was thinking. Maybe pop a hole in the end of them

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have open Scorps and as long as I keep the RPMs down (which I do for warm up anyway), say under 2.5-3,000 RPM's it's not bad.

(Way quieter than a Harley without stock pipes)

Even up to 4 k not bad..

I tried the DB killers, heck it was as quiet as stock. They didn't make it to the end of the driveway before being sold..

But agreed, try sneaking up with the drill and open the holes up on the DB killers... Start small as there's no going back (hole size).
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.