Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    iBeef (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhaust compatibility

Hi all,

I've got a question about exhausts and can't seem to find a solid answer. I know the cat or cat eliminator pipes differ from the S1 to the S2 but do the Y pipes and silencers?

I ask this because on the Arrow website the difference between the s1 and s2 kit is the cat eliminator part number, the silencers and y pipe share the same part number but yet the s2 kit is more expensive. If you then look at SP engineerings website they claim there exhausts will fit 04 onwards. The same goes to Scorpion exhausts which is the main answer I'm after, they have different part numbers for S1 and S2 so are they not interchangeable (Y pipes and silencers)?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Exhaust compatibility

I think it would be best to e-mail or call each manufacturer and ask.

Their designing their own pipes and may or may not change the y pipe design for some reason.

If they have different part #'s, I'd suspect their slightly different for some reason..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

3. Likes Motogiro, iBeef liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

In short the stock muffler fits both S1 and S2 with no midpipe changes as the midpipe S1 and S2 exit at exactly the same place.

The difference is if you use OEM or aftermarket midpipe as the midpipe needs to match the header.

The S1 header has a long smooth exit radius extending upwards further. Thus the midpipe cat is shorter overall length.

The S2 header with its pre-cats and short radius exit has a longer midpipe. As stated, both midpipes exit at the same location which allows oem muffler to interchange between S1 and S2.

FWIW: 2bro exhaust fits both and if you compare the Y pipe of the 2bro to some of the other manufactures you see they did a very nice job splitting and dividing the flow equally vs some of the others shoving it in making an T angle whereby the left side muffle is pretty much just cosmetic...

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    S1 headers came in the mail!
    I've got some cleaning to do as well as weld in an O2 bung.

The Goal, get rid of the harsh 90 turn at the exit and the mini cats...

Out with the old (harsh 90).....

More info here... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-m...al-impact.html
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

5. Thanks Motogiro, iBeef thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro, iBeef liked this post
    iBeef (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies guys, it does look like it's manufacturer specific. I'll just wait for an S2 exhaust to pop up on Ebay I think, I can't justify spending 500+ on an improved sound. Thanks for the exhaust lesson @FinalImpact .

7. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iBeef View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, it does look like it's manufacturer specific. I'll just wait for an S2 exhaust to pop up on Ebay I think, I can't justify spending 500+ on an improved sound. Thanks for the exhaust lesson @FinalImpact .

Post is a year old but something not said is the oil pans are different. You **should** swap oil pans if swapping headers as the S2 pan will not fit an S1 header without doing some grinding and welding or just swap the pan.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!