FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: Final Impact Winter project; playing w/trigger

One thing I didn't answer was that it's an all nothing deal. You must have the piggyback fuel controller as the data logger does not stand alone.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL Final Impact Winter project; playing w/trigger KB2WYL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I thought, which would mean I would need a PC logger, or a complete setup actually since the PCFC doesn't take piggybacks. I checked out the threads, although most of the files seem to not be there now. Would have liked to check out a few, shoot, may have already, when I downloaded all of mine was after those threads...

I'll start a new one when I get to that point. Going down to Bay area weekend before Easter. I know there is a shop down there that does the Unleashed tunes. I do not like them, at all, as a company, after being not answered 3 times in a row. But that doesn't mean that there's not a very respectable, experienced, person down at that shop who has done a few FZ6 in their day and knows what is going on. I'm definitely going to check into it, if not for any other reason than that I still have not found ANY write ups on "I did the trigger and then had the restrictions removed". Shoot, I haven't even found anyone writing about having the restrictions removed alone....Would be nice to have a real, in depth, review of what it's all about. I get that there's always the next bike out there and people move on, but I think the FZ6 is such a good all around bike, one you can start on, and one you can even get in trouble on later. I think that for years to come people will be coming back to all this info, and it's really fun to be a part of what seems like just a small group of guys still experimenting with it (at least publishing their results). Plus, if it was done, I'd bet by comparison we could gleam some more info with all the work you have done, Randy, and info you have collected already (dumps, etc.)

Anyway...

Yeah the new trigger is on the way. Will be interesting to see if it's actually 6.5 degrees. I hope it is, would open this up to a lot of guys scared at the thought of machining, and/or too much of an increase :-)

Loren
    Loren C.
    KB2WYL
    '07 FZ6. Dual headlight, Preload caps, Racetech springs, Airbox mod, AIS block off, K&N, De-cat mid-pipe, 2 Bros exhaust, Stock header w/ cat delete, 15T sprocket, Speedo healer, PCFC, Rearsets hard mounted, start switch disable w/hidden switch, Cramp Buster, Timing advanced 4 deg., Front turn signal flush mount, 2 Bros tail tidy, clutch slave lever extended, Mika Metals handlebars, Adjustable clutch+brake levers, Tech Spec tank grips and pad, 12v outlet

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL Final Impact Winter project; playing w/trigger KB2WYL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to come back to this thread....So, for anyone searching the Forum in the Future:

FZ6R Timing is 1.5 degrees advanced of our FZ6 (S1 + S2)

FZ6R timing rotor (trigger wheel) has a slightly different part number than FZ6

But.....

Indeed, as suspected, both Part numbers are the same. Although they are listed as different part numbers in the catalog, they even have the same part number stamped on them.

Now we know for certain.

Loren
    Loren C.
    KB2WYL
    '07 FZ6. Dual headlight, Preload caps, Racetech springs, Airbox mod, AIS block off, K&N, De-cat mid-pipe, 2 Bros exhaust, Stock header w/ cat delete, 15T sprocket, Speedo healer, PCFC, Rearsets hard mounted, start switch disable w/hidden switch, Cramp Buster, Timing advanced 4 deg., Front turn signal flush mount, 2 Bros tail tidy, clutch slave lever extended, Mika Metals handlebars, Adjustable clutch+brake levers, Tech Spec tank grips and pad, 12v outlet

4. Thanks Ohendo thanked for this post
    Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I knew I verified that w/ guys on 600cc.org.... PN lookup did not support those findings....

Bolt on placebo effect!

On that note this past weekend I noticed why one of my experiments didn't work. The bikes ecu ignores speed sensor when in neutral. It also appears to ignore it when the crank is stopped (no cps input) and it believes it is in gear. In short, the only valid input is when the cps and speed sensor agree with each other via a valid divisible ratio like those of the gear box.... hence the reason it ignored my **fabricated** speed inputs as they did not match cps.....

I really need an electronic transmission!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello boys, i have been reading all what you said and is a great job, and so much information available for the rest o us. Have some question, some doubts, maybe i'm missing something. I have recently read about "Flash Tune" (https://ftecu.com) and "Piasini Serial Suite" (I think is what ECU Unsleashed use), and what i understand is with any of these tools, someone can play with the ECU settings of an FZ6 (and other models too). Maybe it costs too much if you send them the ECU, and they do the settings, but i have seen some of these kits at reasonable costs:

Newest Serial Suite Piasini Engineering V4.3 Master Version

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Newes...709020219.html

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/2016-...718531658.html

Serial Suite Piasini Engineering V4.1 MASTER

I repeat, i don't know if someting is out of my consideration. It says it can manage Mitsubishi ECUs, and i think is what FZ6 uses. If this is true, we can play with all these parameters (eliminate factory restrictions, improve throttle response, change ignition maps, eliminate timing retard and more) without modify hardware like timing trigger wheel.

Am i right ?.

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diexgo View Post
    Hello boys, i have been reading all what you said and is a great job, and so much information available for the rest o us. Have some question, some doubts, maybe i'm missing something. I have recently read about "Flash Tune" (https://ftecu.com) and "Piasini Serial Suite" (I think is what ECU Unsleashed use), and what i understand is with any of these tools, someone can play with the ECU settings of an FZ6 (and other models too). Maybe it costs too much if you send them the ECU, and they do the settings, but i have seen some of these kits at reasonable costs:

Newest Serial Suite Piasini Engineering V4.3 Master Version

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Newes...709020219.html

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/2016-...718531658.html

Serial Suite Piasini Engineering V4.1 MASTER

I repeat, i don't know if someting is out of my consideration. It says it can manage Mitsubishi ECUs, and i think is what FZ6 uses. If this is true, we can play with all these parameters (eliminate factory restrictions, improve throttle response, change ignition maps, eliminate timing retard and more) without modify hardware like timing trigger wheel.

Am i right ?.
    10 mo late.
    Yes. But its not a walk in the park to decode the maps and modify the values writing back the proper checksum.

That said, there is a lot of guess work when you don't know the intent of the original engineers who wrote the maps.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789