• other

3 1.32%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Spark plug choice...

i also changed the stock plugs at around 25k Km, they looked good and still worked great . iridiums are in now although i dont feel the power its they are probably better for the bike in the long run
    im using NGK

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone of you tried those? I'm just curious... I find out about those right after I installed a new set of NGK Iridium. I won't mind giving them a try next time around. Kind of remind me of the Bosh +4 but a bit different.

E3 Spark Plugs

Look like E3.38 replace CR9EIX (FZ6R)

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
    Last edited by Marthy; 04-19-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this talk of using iridiums for their long life has converted me. I always use standard plugs because there never seemed to be a difference in performance in my vehicles. However, it's a bit of pain changing them in the FZ6 and it's a complete knuckle busting nightmare to change them in my Pathfinder.

Iridium here I come.

Thanks!
    "The only thing I've modified is my shoelaces. Then I had to take them to the cobbler to fix what I did."
    -Norm

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also have the NGK Iridiums and am very happy with them. About 46 MPG around town..(stock gearing, open Scorps)

There was a post not long ago about someone (forgot who, a regular), keeping track of his mileage, found the iridiums, over time, had his gas mileage go down (as I re-call it was quite awhile time wise/mileage).
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As my bike is still under 5k, I haven't bothered with plugs yet. But I noticed that idle is kinda lousy. My cb750 idles smoother, even when warm.
    This is my first FI bike so maybe it is normal.
    Since others have gotten a better idle with iridiums, I think I might go that route. Maybe the idle will smooth out for me. I get decent mpg though. I would say I get about 45 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vinmansbrew View Post
    As my bike is still under 5k, I haven't bothered with plugs yet. But I noticed that idle is kinda lousy. My cb750 idles smoother, even when warm.
    Since others have gotten a better idle with iridiums, I think I might go that route. Maybe the idle will smooth out for me. I get decent mpg though. I would say I get about 45 or so.
    nothing beats the ngk iridiums plus great long life 10 years plus
    STE; Serendipitously Tranquilizing Eskimos
    Since The Episode
    of whale wars :BLAA:

Blue Wins Every-time With Fiat Yamaha Moto-GP

7. Thanks FAZ6R thanked for this post
    CanadianFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ste View Post
    nothing beats the ngk iridiums plus great long life 10 years plus
    While I agree Iridiums are the best choice... But I don't think the expire after time span but rather kms/miles travelled... LOL
    2009 FZ6 (Blue)
    2012 DL650 V-Strom (white)

"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vinmansbrew View Post
    The rough idle is NOT normal. A throttle sync and running some Seafoam thru the fuel system can't hurt.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is not super rough or lumpy. It just isn't as smooth as I think it should be, being FI and all.
    I am sure a sync wouldn't hurt, the bike IS an 06. I got it this spring with just 2800 on. Haven't looked recently but should be getting close to 4500. Riding didn't really get into full swing here till about May though.
    So it is 6 years old but low mileage.
    I keep forgetting a good shot of seafoam. Used it for years on my other bikes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    ...There was a post not long ago about someone (forgot who, a regular), keeping track of his mileage, found the iridiums, over time, had his gas mileage go down (as I re-call it was quite awhile time wise/mileage).
    That was me. In my particular case I found that performance and mileage decreased over a 10,000 mile interval to the point of having misfiring under load. After changing back to the standard NGK plug all of my problems have disappeared.

The thread in question: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-t...ey-appear.html
    John

12. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast