Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MrMogensen (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?

Have decided to buy a Healtech Gipro-X gear indicator...

I just can't seem to figure out which of the 5 available colors that would suit my FZ6 best => Help/Vote!?
    My FZ6 is the non-faceliftet model with bluish ligthing.

As far as I have read there the brigtness of the Gipro-X display is either auto or maybe manually adjustable.
    https://www.healtech-electronics.com...ts/gipro/gpxt/
    (scrool down and cycle through the images to view the 5 colors).

Tried to watch some youtube videos with FZ6+Gipro but only few with my kind of dash.
    Last edited by MrMogensen; 04-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 2004 Galaxy Blue
    Mods: Dual Headlight ; Top Sellerie seat w/ matching blue stitching ; Yamaha bellypan ; Öhlins front springs ; HVMP bar ends ; Motovation frame/fork/svingarm Sliders ; K&N airfilter ; Stebel TM80/2 Magnum ; ABM Stahl-Flex brake hose kit ; SW-Motech quicklock + Kappa 2x40 liter (when I need them).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?

I went for white and am quite happy with it, red I thought was ok but a bit old hat now, the other colours seemed to be a bit garish for my taste.
    2009 FZ6 (Power blue) Stock exhaust drilled, Dual headlight mod, Iridium spark plugs, GIpro gear indicator, Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, OEM belly pan, Battlax tyres, FZ8 clutch slave arm. (Tried to keep everything else factory looking's I don't like visual mods much)

3. Thanks MrMogensen thanked for this post
    MrMogensen (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobob1 View Post
    I went for white and am quite happy with it, red I thought was ok but a bit old hat now, the other colours seemed to be a bit garish for my taste.

I think you are right... I would never get tired of white!
    Thanks for input!
    Mods: Dual Headlight ; Top Sellerie seat w/ matching blue stitching ; Yamaha bellypan ; Öhlins front springs ; HVMP bar ends ; Motovation frame/fork/svingarm Sliders ; K&N airfilter ; Stebel TM80/2 Magnum ; ABM Stahl-Flex brake hose kit ; SW-Motech quicklock + Kappa 2x40 liter (when I need them).

Vrrroooooom! GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color? Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would pick a color that has the least interference with vision at night. This would help with your straight ahead vision which is paramount at night. We've all probably heard about using red light for night vision and although there has been some controversy over this of late it turns out that there is a probable advantage to using red light. I recently bought a lighter socket USB charger with voltage readout for my bike and chose red color because of the advantage at night. Then again it might be predicated on the amount of lumen being projected as apposed to light frequency.

Because of our protective disadvantage on a bike I like to think we should do all we can in regard to safety to gain any advantage we might.https://www.itstactical.com/intellic...-night-vision/
    Last edited by Motogiro; 04-06-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

6. Thanks MrMogensen thanked for this post
    Go Naked- Its liberating GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color? agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a blue gear indicator.
    Main reason is because apart form the hi beam indicator, there is nothing else blue on the dash or in the immediate surrounds. It is clear in daylight and at night, I havn't changed( didn't think I could) the brightness and it seems to be equally viewable in both day and night situations.GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?-clutch-cable-clip-jpg

you can just see the gear indicator under my speedo so it is out of most direct sunlight most of the time!
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

8. Thanks MrMogensen thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    MrMogensen (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "1st gen" dash is kind of blue-ish, so I was thinking that maybe another blue type color was too much?
    2004 Yamaha FZ6 Photos - Motorcycle USA

There isn't a really good spot to pyt the gear indicator like on AGF's 2.gen FZ6 - it will be easier to think of something once I finally order and recieve the Gipro.
    Most likely the indicator will end up just left of the instrument cluster.

Still unsure about color... must make a descision later today

10. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMogensen View Post
    My "1st gen" dash is kind of blue-ish, so I was thinking that maybe another blue type color was too much?
    2004 Yamaha FZ6 Photos - Motorcycle USA

There isn't a really good spot to pyt the gear indicator like on AGF's 2.gen FZ6 - it will be easier to think of something once I finally order and recieve the Gipro.
    Most likely the indicator will end up just left of the instrument cluster.

Still unsure about color... must make a descision later today
    I went with green

12. Thanks MrMogensen thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    MrMogensen (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went for red...

Will install within 14 days and maybe post a picture!

14. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of pics of my white one, let me know if you need any help installing, there are two wires that need hooking into that the instructions dont make clear which ones they are particulary he crank sensor wire which is kind of tucked away a bit.GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?-f6e1678c-e92c-456d-8f63-5a50a7270484-jpgGIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?-95e80ef0-2c74-4098-98d6-5007b934db5c-jpg
    2009 FZ6 (Power blue) Stock exhaust drilled, Dual headlight mod, Iridium spark plugs, GIpro gear indicator, Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, OEM belly pan, Battlax tyres, FZ8 clutch slave arm. (Tried to keep everything else factory looking's I don't like visual mods much)

16. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    It's all good! GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color? trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobob1 View Post
    Couple of pics of my white one, let me know if you need any help installing, there are two wires that need hooking into that the instructions dont make clear which ones they are particulary he crank sensor wire which is kind of tucked away a bit.GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?-f6e1678c-e92c-456d-8f63-5a50a7270484-jpgGIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?-95e80ef0-2c74-4098-98d6-5007b934db5c-jpg
    I dont have one, but it looks like you installed it upside down. Or do you have a 9 speed? GIPRO_X (gear indicator) => What color?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, Givi tank bag and topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Motodynamic tail light, Grip Puppies

18. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast