Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart.

Quote Originally Posted by oso2k View Post
    Cans, tail?

I've bought two different R1 tails. The first is a CobraSkinz 04-06 R1 tail. It's cut to use the R1's OEM seat. Fit isn't very good. The 04-06 FZ6 subframe is much wider in most places and this mod requires cutting the OEM seat or making a new one completely. Still have this one. Next, I bought an Access Composites R1-look-for-FZ6 tail. Made similarly to typical fiberglass race plastics and requires cutting a foam pad for a seat. Never fit it. Then I sold it to ped.
    Oh...and poutanen on SBN had also done some work on fitting 04-06 R1 cans. Never finished though.
    I am the unofficial maintainer of the Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zl2FRRSjsGg-8gwMlGuG18TURzqnJm5-o-a0mPi-DE/edit?usp=sharing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, does anybody out there know if the clocks off a 2007 fz6n will replace the clocks off a 2005 fz6n, as they are a different shape.

Are the mounts the same?
    Is the plug on the back compatible?
    Is there a problems with transfering milage data?

Cheers V much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy man View Post
    hi, does anybody out there know if the clocks off a 2007 fz6n will replace the clocks off a 2005 fz6n, as they are a different shape.
    They don't work out of the box.

Are the mounts the same?
    LCD mounts are slightly different I believe but the fairing stay brackets they mount to can be transplanted as the frame mounting point did not change in the newer fairing stays.

Is the plug on the back compatible?
    Plug is compatible according to CrazyBiker.

Is there a problems with transfering milage data?
    IIRC, you won't be able to transfer your mileage even though I always mileage should be stored in the ECU.

Ask CrazyBiker how he did his 07-08 to 04-06 front end swap. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/4007820-post21.html
    I am the unofficial maintainer of the Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zl2FRRSjsGg-8gwMlGuG18TURzqnJm5-o-a0mPi-DE/edit?usp=sharing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated chart with CrazyBiker 07-09 to 04-06 Speedo conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if R1 or R6 fairings would be compatible with the FZ6? Or how about the R1 seat fairing?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthewalrus0169 View Post
    Does anyone know if R1 or R6 fairings would be compatible with the FZ6? Or how about the R1 seat fairing?

Thanks
    The 03-05 R6, 06-09 R6S front fairings have been made to fit. See the SBN forum. 04-06 R1 tails have been made to fit using a French made tail but I suspect that a regular tail could be made to fit in a similar way. Talk to ped about that.

7. Thanks iamthewalrus0169 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean SBN forum? and whos ped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean SBN forum? and whos ped?
    SBN is sportbikes.net. There is another very active FZ6 forum there. ped is a forum member of both this site and SBN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oso2k View Post
    SBN is sportbikes.net. There is another very active FZ6 forum there. ped is a forum member of both this site and SBN.
    oso, I really appreciate the reference over to the SBN forum. I read the whole 30 pages (took me a while but i did) and I wish i could have gotten in on the original group order. Long story short I am wondering what was used to mod the FZ posted by wavex at the end. Is it even his bike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oso, I really appreciate the reference over to the SBN forum. I read the whole 30 pages (took me a while but i did) and I wish i could have gotten in on the original group order. Long story short I am wondering what was used to mod the FZ posted by wavex at the end. Is it even his bike?
    The blue bike is mine. wavex's was black. Fitting a tail is a custom job. I have a spare cobraskinz tail if you want it.
    Last edited by oso2k; 11-08-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: whoops

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast