Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    deathjam4 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What thought it was faster then you today

So was curious to see if any one had some douch that thought you were racing them and ended up getting smoked by your fz6.

At 2 am on my way to work had some Asian kid who thought his 2019 Ford Mustang 5L GT was going to beat me even tho all I was doing was speeding up to get over for my turn. He found out quickly that his fancy mustang did not even stand a chance. Dusted him and made my turn lol.

2. Likes lytehouse liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What thought it was faster then you today

Every single one this summer except of a flying multistrada...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without getting at all scientific, I think the average passenger car would need roughly 600hp to match acceleration with our bikes. That is rare company.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meadeam View Post
    Without getting at all scientific, I think the average passenger car would need roughly 600hp to match acceleration with our bikes. That is rare company.
    ^^, that's about right.

A guy had a "Linginfelter", supercharged Corvette ($150K car) and my FZ were about dead even in a drag (maybe 2 years ago) going over a long bridge (about 2 miles) with no traffic.. He couldn't pull away from me and vs versa..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Years ago my friend lost to a BMW M5 on his '02 R6. I think that M5 had some work done though.

It's all good! What thought it was faster then you today trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    ^^, that's about right.

A guy had a "Linginfelter", supercharged Corvette ($150K car) and my FZ were about dead even in a drag (maybe 2 years ago) going over a long bridge (about 2 miles) with no traffic.. He couldn't pull away from me and vs versa..
    Good thing you didn't race by Officer Scott! I hear he was really tough on street racing :-)
    2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, CRG RC2 levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, LED Headlights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies, Techspec tank pads, TownsendsFJR13 aux power port mount

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trepetti View Post
    Good thing you didn't race by Officer Scott! I hear he was really tough on street racing :-)
    Yep, that guys a p...k!

Maintenance my friend, maintenance! Gotta blow that carbon out the top end!
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

9. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few weeks ago a supercharged Ford f150 svt lightning decided he wanted some smoke from a dead stop. I enjoy the whine of a nice supercharger as much as the next gear head but he just couldn't keep up. To this day the fz6 surprises me when you rip the throttle in 1st & 2nd and I havent done much work other than- K&N filter, Airbox mod, delkevic exhaust.

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Ya it takes some really expensive hardware to match our $3,500 bikes @11 seconds...

Ran up against a Lingienfelter Caddy CTS-V that was pushing mid 650hp, I wasn't sure he was going to play so I held back at launch, then he pinned it. It was tie to low triple digits where I bailed.

It made an interesting soundtrack...
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

deathjam4 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sounds like some interesting drags :P I never really expected the fz6 to be as fast as it is myself it being a touring bike and all. Mine is stock with 37,000km on it with barely any proper maintenance and it still rips really well. The only thing i had that would have stood a chance was a m5 bmw some asian kid sunk something like 30,000 worth of tuning and moding into. tho it was not a terribly fair drag he was behind me and was reving his engine obnoxiously. so i punched it soon as the light changed green. before he realized what happened i was already half a kilometer down the road lmao. he flew by me later after i turned down a side street haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast