Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Re: FZ6 New Tires needed, how to remove, first timer 10k miles

A knee against the tire usually does the trick but some taps never hurt. JUST DON'T push it off the center stand!

Like I said above, sticking 2X4" under the tire allows you to tighten the nut too without lifting the nose off the ground.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

2. Likes Motogiro, Ital liked this post
    Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually did use a 2x6 the whole time to to help me lift the wheel to get the axle on too. Thanks!

Ital (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update on the Pirelli Angel GT, they only have about 200 miles now, but compare to the stock Dunlops that were on the bike, these feel smoother and the bike seems to lean a bit easier.
    I think they are a bit quieter which for me at least inspires more confidence. I definitely am able to take corners a bit faster with these without feeling I might slide out.
    That said my stock tires were in bad shape so its not a fair comparison, but the Pirelli feel good. I just hope they will last 10k+ miles

Super Member FZ6 New Tires needed, how to remove, first timer 10k miles ShoopCE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh, that happy feeling when you get new tires.

It always makes me wonder why I kept those old ones on till the threads were showing.

Oh, that's right, it's cause I'm a miserly bugger.
    Last edited by ShoopCE; 05-13-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue
    R6 forks, R6 Mirrors, MRA Vario windscreen, ThrottleMeister, Shogun frame sliders, SpeedoDRD, Corbin GF&Lady w backrest, R&G FE

6. Likes Ital liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ital View Post
    Quick update on the Pirelli Angel GT, they only have about 200 miles now, but compare to the stock Dunlops that were on the bike, these feel smoother and the bike seems to lean a bit easier.
    I think they are a bit quieter which for me at least inspires more confidence. I definitely am able to take corners a bit faster with these without feeling I might slide out.
    That said my stock tires were in bad shape so its not a fair comparison, but the Pirelli feel good. I just hope they will last 10k+ miles
    Angel GT's are an excellent choice. I put 8k miles on them by the time I sold my bike. No exaggeration they looked about 50% worn.. easily could have got another 2 seasons out of them. Great stick in corners and decent in the rain.
    I would buy them again. Happy trails
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

8. Likes Ital liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123