FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Crash landing?? Strange place to die

Well I didn't crash land but somehow this little dragonfly landed under my seat and never left! He seems completely intact. Perhaps a tad dehydrated?

What a strange place to fly into and die under the FZ6 seat.
    Crash landing?? Strange place to die-20190406_152629-jpg

I was pulling the rear wheel for install of a new Dunlop Sportmax Q3+ after wearing the B-Stone BattleAxe BT-023 to the bars. Along the way found that little guy just above the shock!

The BT-023 held up well and I ride that again on the rear if its still around but it's time to try something new.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

2. Likes Motogiro, lytehouse liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Crash landing?? Strange place to die

I have the Sportmax tires on my new FJ-09. Only 420 miles in it so far. They appear to stick pretty well in the corners in 50 degree temperature. I haven't tested them in the rain yet.
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

BT023? Its a good tire! Think I killed 3 on the rear.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes time for me to replace tires I would go with either Angel GT or Pilot Road #. Both have been excellent on my FZ6

Edit: hahaaa another tire thread!! love it
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about unlucky, this fly slammed right smack in the middle of a screw on my old ER5 - you could say it got screwed, badum-tsss

7. Likes TKBone, FinalImpact liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Make it the official bug slaughter thread??? Is that too gross?
    08 Raven w/a few mods...