Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FJ-09 anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FJ-09 anyone?

Not a fan of the styling. Personally, the seat height would exclude me from ever riding it to begin with.

FB400 (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdmlude View Post
    Not a fan of the styling. Personally, the seat height would exclude me from ever riding it to begin with.
    I agree the seat height is a little too tall. Styling looks more like an adventure bike than a sport tourer - I am OK with that
    "It is wise to keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final."
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FB400 View Post
    I agree the seat height is a little too tall. Styling looks more like an adventure bike than a sport tourer - I am OK with that
    It is a tall bike. that seat is a custom from LAAM and is set up for the previous owner who was 6' 3". It's too tall for me even at 6' and I put a factory seat back on and can flat foot it but the bike is fairly top heavy compared to others and if you're not prepared for it, it will catch you off guard. There is a lowering kit that a lot of people seem to use and like which brings it down 1.5 - 2" IIRC. Also the pic is taken on the center stand which adds to it's height. It's my daily commuter w/o bags exc. for when it rains.

Phantom Rider FJ-09 anyone? Andz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rode my Fazer for 13 years before i bought my Tracer and like when I bought the Fazer I have not regretted one minute. It will be 2 years old in May.

I changed the pipe for an Akrapovic carbon on day one, took off the handguards, changed the grips for Rizoma Sport blue grips, added an R&G tail tidy and a Givi top box mount otherwise it is stock.

I love the torque and the sound from that Akro is amazing! I had to sacrifice the centre stand for the pipe but that is minor.

I had read lots of horror stories about head shake and it can happen but it depends how you ride it.

I can't add a pic from my work laptop but when I get a chance I will.

5. Likes Motogiro, FB400 liked this post
    Phantom Rider FJ-09 anyone? Andz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FJ-09 anyone?-img_9406-jpgFJ-09 anyone?-img_9402-jpgFJ-09 anyone?-img_9405-jpg

7. Thanks FB400 thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro, Red Wazp liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subscribed. I replaced my fazer with a vfr 8 years ago and still love it. Better than the sum of the parts. Donít look at the specs
    2007 Honda VFR, 2009 Ducati Monster 696+, 1998 Honda Superhawk, 2009 Honda CRF230L

FB400 (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan,
    I wanted to get a leftover Interceptor. I love the way that bike looks. my trouble is bike reviewers seem to hate it! that would explain why there is a glut of 2014 and 2015 brand new bikes available. it is a crying shame Honda killed a legendary bike [he shakes his head in disbelief]

What year is your Vfr?
    Roger Babson
    http://philosiblog.com/2011/09/15/it-is-wise-to-keep-in-mind-that-neither-success-nor-failure-is-ever-final/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andz View Post

I changed the pipe for an Akrapovic
    That's what I have had on both my KTM 990 Supermoto. Badass...well worth selling one of my kids to afford quality.

Burning fossil fuel and loving it!!

FB400 (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent many months considering bikes and decided to go for this one.

I put down a deposit today on this bike. 2017 FJ-09 in White. It turns out this color is harder to find than blue.
    The dealer is getting it from PA. It's kinda cool he gave a price without adding freight or prep fees. they aren't even
    charging extra to get the bike to NY. And I am told it is in a crate so it hasn't been on the showroom floor for 2 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FJ-09 anyone?-fj-09-white-jpg  
    Roger Babson

12. Likes MattR302 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! I'm a fan of triple engines after having a Street Triple R. Report back once you get through the break in. Only negative I read was some high speed stability issues in the initial road tests.

14. Thanks FB400 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast