Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Skidmark (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Best bike I've ridden in 40 years of riding ! Wait WHAT ?

Aloha from the frigid coast of Hawaii Island !

So, I'm a bike guy. Ive owned over a hundred motorcycles and have been riding for 40 years this coming Christmas. I've worked in the motorcycle industry as a parts distributor and at the OEM level doing new product development. I've ridden a few bikes in my day.

In Nov I purchased a 2007? FZ6 Red Wine, black frame with the silly, worthless digital round tach.....(but if you need the tach to tell you when to shift, your a crappy rider)

I now have 10 motorcycles in my garage(s).

Just put on some dirt bike bars, decent grips, soft luggage and a phone holder AND VIOLLA ! The best bike in my fleet and it gets ridden much more than the others.

Motor is fantastic around town, chassis is flickable enough and has wide tires for modern rubber, it beat both my VFR800 VTEC and a Bandit 1200 in roll on comparisons and it gets excellent fuel mileage. Did I mention comfortable? (especially with a nice pair of Renthals mounted).

This is motorcycling the way it was intended to be !

Yes, some bikes are faster, others more comfortable....but damn, the FZ6 is MUCH better all around than even the heralded VFR !

But you guys already knew that right !

Aloha !
    Skiddy

2. Likes tej98, Paul Myrus liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best bike I've ridden in 40 years of riding ! Wait WHAT ?

Same as you...been riding over 40 years and have owned many dozens of dirt/street bikes. I didn't want the FZ6, but bought it to help one of my sons friends who was leaving for the Navy. Got the bike home, thought it was one of the worst handling bikes I've ridden (vague forks) and it sat in my garage for over a year. Then one day I decided to re-spring and valve the forks (RaceTech GVE) which got me riding the bike. Then I removed the fairing when made me love the bike. Great ride, handling, power, weight, size...its a good honest bike.

I've been meaning to swap out the bars with Protapers or Renthals. What bend did you use and do you have any interference with the tank at full lock?
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

Skidmark (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best bike I've ridden in 40 years of riding ! Wait WHAT ?

Don't know the bend....they were lying around the shop...and yes, interference with the fairing at full lock not the tank....sucks until you get used to it.