Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Faster than normal idle?, extended crank time?

Quote Originally Posted by TKBone View Post
    Air temperature Sensor. Hold reset button when total milage is showing.

What does this do???
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows intake Air temperature in the display

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shows intake Air temperature in the display

Obviously, but how does that fix the issue?
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It simply shows, if the sensor works properly or if the temp readout is rubbish.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It simply shows, if the sensor works properly or if the temp readout is rubbish.
    And if the sensor was bad, that bad sensor would not allow engine idle to NOT be adjusted?

It would also cause the VERY the high idle?
    Scott

Fordtech58 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update of what I learned today and from the link provided earlier. First off I thought I was adjusting a throttle plate stop screw or linkage for the hard throttle stop. When I saw no change with adjusting either way I started my research. Newbe mistake I had no idea I was adjusting an air bleed on an idle air bypass valve. This morning cold I forgot to check the air temp sensor as suggested before I started it. Cold start it idled up to about 1650-1700 then slowly came down to about 1440, after my 9 mile ride to work at 65-73 degrees when I got down into the valley the hot idle was back to 1610-1680. When I got back home tonight it was again in the 1680 range. I put it on the center stand, got my long phillips and about 2.5 turn counter clockwise is was down to a steady 1200. I looked in the owners manual specification pages and didn't find an idle spec. I then found it on the frame decal on the left and was able to turn it back about 1/4 turn to a 1260-1310 idle. I'll look forward to my next cold start to see how it reacts for both cold idle and crank time. I'm pretty sure one will effect the other. From what I can gather from the wiring diagram and sensor location the "Intake air temperature sensor" besides being a readout for ambient temperature in an input for the fuel injection system. Cooler denser air has a high oxygen content and the ecu controls the injector pulse width to compensate. If the temperature sensor is reading hotter then actual it'll be lean, colder then actual it'll be rich so it can indeed effect idle and cranking time. Thanks for all the help, Aloha, Rick B...

7. Likes Motogiro, TKBone, TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure which screw you initially adjusted with Rick, but probably should be checked that it's in spec.

Was it one the SMALL screws in this block?:

If so, you definitly need to sync the TB's..
    Chapter 3 in the manual shows how to adjust properly.

Cracking the throttle to start hot shouldn't have anything to do with the idle stop screw..

Please post back the final results.
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-22-2018 at 04:46 AM.
    Scott

9. Thanks Fz6 2007, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Fordtech58 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hadn't touched any of the balance screws. I just hadn't moved the actual idle screw enough thinking it was and actual throttle plate or lever hard stop screw. I'll probably still lift the tank and check the air filter and throttle bodies to be sure they're clean and nothings living in there. It's been less than 1000 miles in the past three years so they could be a little gummed up or could have critters living in there. My new battery and Puig windshield got here today, got a set of original bars, grips oil filters and drain plug gaskets on the way from a dealer in So. Carolina.

11. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try a heavy dose of Yamaha's "RingFree": https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...?b=Search&d=34 HIGHLY recommended, I use it in ALL my gas machines and customers machines... It's a bit cheaper on-line.

Also, probably not an issue at this time, but if the bike had been sitting, you need to check the inside of the fuel tank.
    If stored for awhile, not being full (depending on the humidity), the inside tends to rust. That rust eventually clogs the fuel pump filter and cooks the pump..
    Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12