Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    joshiepoogoose (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Stalling Thread

So for the past months my bike (07) has been stalling randomly when I pull the clutch in, mostly within the first 20mins after start up but has done it after a long ride. To get the bike to start back up I usually have to crack the TB's, its smells pretty rich after. My idle is set to 1200-1250rpm and I've cleaned the air filter and replaced the spark plugs within the last 200 miles. I checked the TPS and its within spec (16-101) and doesn't skip and numbers.

The bike is an 07 with 40k mi with a Scorpion exhaust and K&N filter.

Any ideas? I'm trying to make time soon to check the valves and I'm ordering a carbtune to sync the TB's

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Another Stalling Thread

Do you have an after market fuel controller?

Were the spark plugs blackish / sooty when you removed them?

If there is a fuel controller, disconnect all of it and check results.

Has anyone messed with the CO adjustment (thru the dash-hot wiring it?)

BTW, it's VERY RARE the engine will run that rich (stock-Scorps won't bother it).

Being a California model (I assume), I know there's differences for emissions. What they are, I dunno, someone else will have to chime in..
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-18-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

joshiepoogoose (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was running a PC3 but sold it about 2yrs ago. The plugs looked a little sooty and no I've never messed with the CO adjustments. Yes the bike was originally sold in CA and I have installed AIS Block Off Plates and have removed the catalytic converter. All the mods were done 2-3yrs ago.

I did notice the other day, while trying to adjust my idle a little higher to see if that would help, it won't go and higher. I can lower my idle but 1200-1250 is max no matter how for I turn the screw

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tks for the update.

I don't think the TB sync will stop / cause the richness but can get you more adjustment. - If need be, open #1 adjustment screw 1/8-1/4 turn and sync to that. You should get more adjustment (able to raise the idle more).

Just for S&G's, try disconnecting your battery for 15-20 minutes, re-set the ECU...

Lastly, I believe, @FinalImpact posted previously about the wax pellet near the fuel rail for COLD START UPS. If yours has junk / sticking, etc, the engine COULD be fueling itself as if it was in "cold mode" ALL THE TIME, (VERY RICH). Do a search for that thread(s). It's very, very possible that is your issue. Should that be stuck / clogged in the cold mode, it'd be rich ALL the time.

Just above the fuel rail (not numbered for some reason) in the pic, where you would do your sync adjustments is where the "cold start" works with coolant flowing thru the unit: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...zs6wc/intake-2

@Motogiro -Cliff, do you know if any of the sensors, coolant temp, etc could tell the ECU the engine is COLD when it is not, keeping it in "choke/cold" mode??
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-19-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

5. Thanks Motogiro, joshiepoogoose thanked for this post
    Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! Another Stalling Thread Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

@Motogiro -Cliff, do you know if any of the sensors, coolant temp, etc could tell the ECU the engine is COLD when it is not, keeping it in "choke/cold" mode??
    Yes, the coolant temp sensor, air temp and air pressure are 3 sensors that might affect running mixture.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

7. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300 thanked for this post
    joshiepoogoose (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    Yes, the coolant temp sensor, air temp and air pressure are 3 sensors that might affect running mixture.
    Nice to see a fellow San Diegan!

Are there anyways to test these sensors? Both the coolant temp and air temp are reading gauge.

joshiepoogoose (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@TownsendsFJR1300 ill disconnect the battery when I get home tonight and look into that wax pellet.
    thanks for advice

10. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joshiepoogoose View Post
    Nice to see a fellow San Diegan!

Are there anyways to test these sensors? Both the coolant temp and air temp are reading gauge.
    There are procedures for testing sensors. Do you have a service manual? If not, let me know. I'm near Miramar, SD If you need, I'll help you.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

12. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    joshiepoogoose (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    There are procedures for testing sensors. Do you have a service manual? If not, let me know. I'm near Miramar, SD If you need, I'll help you.

If I get stumped ill pm you, I'm in La Mesa near Grossmont Center
    Last edited by joshiepoogoose; 11-20-2018 at 10:10 PM.

14. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joshiepoogoose View Post
    TownsendsFJR1300 is going to email me the service manual. If I get stumped ill pm you, I'm in La Mesa near Grossmont Center
    I'll also pm you my telephone number. I go to Guitar Center in La Mesa. Spent a few bucks there!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

16. Thanks joshiepoogoose thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast