Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPF (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 07 FZ6 bar risers question

I need about 1" up and back on my bars for better comfort.
    What riser set will work with the FZ6 top clamp, and has anyone had any problems with not having enough cable slack?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 07 FZ6 bar risers question

These will work... Had to re-route cables a bit if I recall, but stayed with the stock cables.

https://ebay.us/qcnOcs
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights | Yamaha LED blinkers | 12V power socket | Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Michelin PR4's | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | >46K Miles

3. Thanks RPF thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1" is up, piece of cake, bolt them up.

Kinda hard to see, but I have risers and set backs. Had to adjust the brake line, re-clock, and adjust behind the head light as it was pretty tight.
    Later replaced with slightly longer SS lines.

* I initially tried the 1" risers which helped, but wasn't enough. I suspect you may be getting set backs as well down the road.

Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

5. Thanks RPF thanked for this post
    RPF (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a riser with bolt holes 33mm apart in order to re-use the FZ6 top clamp. What is the distance on these? One set of risers I ordered were 40mm and the holes would not line up.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a pair of the SW Motech ones in this link with no issues: GStwin.com Wiki - Handlebar Risers
    I ended up swapping to a much taller set of handlebars, maybe 2.5-3” taller.

The cables are pretty easy to reroute. You can get an extra inch or so out of the brake lines by swapping the long line up to the master cylinder and double banjo bolt over to the right caliper, then the jumper over to the left caliper.
    Matt
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 - Sold

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPF View Post
    I need a riser with bolt holes 33mm apart in order to re-use the FZ6 top clamp. What is the distance on these? One set of risers I ordered were 40mm and the holes would not line up.
    Thanks
    I doubt you'll find anything where you can use the FZ top clamp.

As for the width, most sites say what the risers fit, and generally, most of the Yamaha's are the same width.

Actually, your the first that's posted the width wasn't correct..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do risers make a difference with the comfort? I suffer in my right hand from a bit of pins and needles after half hour. Have grip puppies but not much help.
    2009 FZ6 S2 (Power blue) Scorpion exhaust (no baffles) K&N Air filter, Iridium spark plugs, JT Sprockets, D.I.D gold Chain, FZ8 clutch slave arm mod, Dual headlight mod, GIpro gear indicator (white digit) Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, R&G crash bungs, OEM belly pan, Iridium blue custom screen, Clear lens swap turn signals with clear lens led tail light, Led sidelights. Arai axces3 Helmet with Gopro session 4 chin mount & Sena smh-5 bluetooth.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobob1 View Post
    do risers make a difference with the comfort? I suffer in my right hand from a bit of pins and needles after half hour. Have grip puppies but not much help.
    YES... Risers / set backs make it a different bike altogether. (Tried 1" risers, wasn't enough, then went to risers / set backs, a world of difference)

There's no weight on your wrists and your not doing a "push up" all the time riding..
    Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NiceCNC-1....c100033.m2042

Are those any good? Really don't want to be messing with cables and brake lines though its not my thing.
    2009 FZ6 S2 (Power blue) Scorpion exhaust (no baffles) K&N Air filter, Iridium spark plugs, JT Sprockets, D.I.D gold Chain, FZ8 clutch slave arm mod, Dual headlight mod, GIpro gear indicator (white digit) Front mudguard extender, Radiator guard, R&G crash bungs, OEM belly pan, Iridium blue custom screen, Clear lens swap turn signals with clear lens led tail light, Led sidelights. Arai axces3 Helmet with Gopro session 4 chin mount & Sena smh-5 bluetooth.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It'll fit but you will have to slightly modify the stock brake line bracket (attached to the lower triple clamp).

You'll also likely have to slightly re-clock (no brake bleeding) the line to the master cylinder.

You shouldn't have to move any cables or wiring (faired version at least and in my experience)

These are what I have, about the same but with "upside moons" to fill in the area of the top clamp
    (not the best pic of the risers ):

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast