Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone ever feel the need for more power with FZ6..

Quote Originally Posted by eagerpuppy View Post
    ... but that would only be for long trips when we hit the Cherohala.
    (LOVE the Cherohala!)
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights | Yamaha LED blinkers | 12V power socket | Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Michelin PR4's | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | >46K Miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience seems to indicate the smaller the CC the more fun the bike is.
    I've had 50cc and fully tuned 170cc scooters and they can be a lot of fun around town, but they are not good for highway and long hall reliability hahaha
    but they are great to race at WOT
    I then had a 250cc Yamaha virago which i grabbed because the price was just to good not to buy, but the top speed was around 80MPH and it was actually a decent commuter bike, but there was no extra omph on the highway if it was needed to get out of a dangerous situation.
    Personally I think the 100hp mark on a 400lbs bike is the sweet spot. The bike is faster then most cars out there and it is easy to twist and handle. I have no desire for more power. I sue the bike for commuting. I calmed down a bit now and I can get about 50MPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm coming four years on a Ninja 250. Rode it everywhere. Work, buddies houses, group rides etc. I noticed a few things about it. What I thought were true enthusiasts didn't look at the 250 as inferior and never talked bad about it. They were happy that another rider was out enjoying the hobby. There was always a guy or two that had to run their mouth and make fun of it. One guy particullarly, he had already been in an accident and bought a mint new R6. He would rip on it all the time, dude was a bully and always ran his mouth. It didn't matter, that is what I felt comfortable on, I didnt feel the need to upgrade at the time for several reasons.

The FZ6 is fricken rocket ship according to me. Like others have said, without being an A hole I have a very hard time using its power on the street for all the right reasons. It is very true, it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MIJ_FZ6 View Post
    I'm coming four years on a Ninja 250. Rode it everywhere. Work, buddies houses, group rides etc. I noticed a few things about it. What I thought were true enthusiasts didn't look at the 250 as inferior and never talked bad about it. They were happy that another rider was out enjoying the hobby. There was always a guy or two that had to run their mouth and make fun of it. One guy particullarly, he had already been in an accident and bought a mint new R6. He would rip on it all the time, dude was a bully and always ran his mouth. It didn't matter, that is what I felt comfortable on, I didnt feel the need to upgrade at the time for several reasons.

The FZ6 is fricken rocket ship according to me. Like others have said, without being an A hole I have a very hard time using its power on the street for all the right reasons. It is very true, it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
    I've been stopped WAY more times on my old KLR 250 than my FZ. Not going over the speed limit, but more so in turns, do the speed limit and then some.

With the height of the bike, I could cut corners, lean even faster and farther than the FZ...

Miss that bike, last year of production. 75 MPG around town too!

You could drop it, pick it up and away you go... No frame "stays", plastic to break....

Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12