Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VaFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handlebar questions (and need one)

Hi All-

I went to replace my stock handlebars with a set due to a crash. I purchased a set of Bikemaster Superbike bars and as most of you are aware they wouldn't work due the clamping area being too short.

Any suggestions on where to get a bar that will work?

Thank you!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Handlebar questions (and need one)

I run the Bikermaster Superbike bars. Went through many bars until I found the perfect pull-back and angle.

I recall they weren't the easiest to lock down, almost to the point they don't fit... but they will work. Just get both clamps started, and alternate tightening left side clamp, right side clamp. Maybe half a turn of the allen bolts each pass.

Edit: I use risers as in the link below...I would think the clamps have the same dimensions as the stock.

Risers
    Last edited by Ohendo; 04-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights | Yamaha LED blinkers | 12V power socket | Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Michelin PR4's | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | >45K Miles

VaFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.. .I'll try again. The ends of the clamp appears to hit the bar where it swept upward. I do see where you say both clamps... I only have one clamp.. it's a 2007 FZ6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohendo View Post
    I run the Bikermaster Superbike bars. Went through many bars until I found the perfect pull-back and angle.

I recall they weren't the easiest to lock down, almost to the point they don't fit... but they will work. Just get both clamps started, and alternate tightening left side clamp, right side clamp. Maybe half a turn of the allen bolts each pass.
    Last edited by VaFZ6; 04-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I edited my post - I remembered I have risers and don't clamp the bars directly into the stock clamps. But I think they're the same dimensions.
    Like I said, I do recall being disappointed they wouldn't fit...but after gradually tightening down they secured just fine. Mine came painted black, and securing them definitely removed some of that black paint.
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights | Yamaha LED blinkers | 12V power socket | Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Michelin PR4's | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | >45K Miles

VaFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just edited my post.. I have one clamp.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK - but you have two slots that act as clamp points. Mine's an '05, different top clamps but same dimensions on the two bottom clamps.

Handlebar questions (and need one)-capture1-jpg

-------

Handlebar questions (and need one)-capture-jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Strike that. I can see how your top clamp would get in the way of the bars. It extends out further on the right and left and interferes with the bars, which are rising at that point.
    Sorry...unless you switch to '05 style top clamps, which would set you back about $35 on Partzilla.

VaFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I might go that route.. and I want to get risers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohendo View Post
    Strike that. I can see how your top clamp would get in the way of the bars. It extends out further on the right and left and interferes with the bars, which are rising at that point.
    Sorry...unless you switch to '05 style top clamps, which would set you back about $35 on Partzilla.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VaFZ6 View Post
    Thanks! I might go that route.. and I want to get risers as well!
    I have a set of top clamps from my '05 if you're interested, they're yours for $20 shipped. They're not perfect but definitely decent. Also, I installed the FZ1 bar and love it, just my experience.

VaFZ6 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swedespeed.

I'll take them.
    What's the difference in the FZ6 and the FZ1 bars?

Quote Originally Posted by swedespeed View Post
    I have a set of top clamps from my '05 if you're interested, they're yours for $20 shipped. They're not perfect but definitely decent. Also, I installed the FZ1 bar and love it, just my experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast