Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What's your fuel efficiency?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 30 mpg (>8 L/100km)

1 1.28%
  • 30-35 mpg (6.75-8 L/100km)

4 5.13%
  • 35-40 mpg (6-6.75 L/100km)

11 14.10%
  • 40-45 mpg (5.25-6 L/100km)

38 48.72%
  • >45 mpg (<5.25 L/100km)

24 30.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fuel Efficiency poll

With normal filling conditions, using Esso Supreme (premium grade fuel basically) and brimming the tank as high I can, so high that it needs to be ridden immediately after filling lest the gas inside build up and blow the cover off, the best mileage I've ever achieved was last year in summery conditions i.e. higher than average humidity/general temp and I recall as 196.3 miles to the tank - nearly 40 miles into the reserve, super risky and probably not great for the engine. This would have been last year, and I'm sure the same would be possible with my current Fazer seeing as it's near-identical to the old one, but I don't ride as sedately as I would have then, I'm lower gears/high revs a lot more which means I'm hitting the reserve around 130 miles rather than the 150 miles I used to achieve. I reckon I can still get 160-170 from a brimmed tank though, which is well above what most bikes will provide and speaks well of the Fazer in a sports-tourer capacity.

zixaq (OP)
    Super Member Fuel Efficiency poll zixaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was starting to worry that there was something wrong with my bike . . .

Apparently it's just that I abuse it a lot riding in city traffic. Hitting the country twisties yesterday with no stop/go nonsense, I got 43 mpg.

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

W S2 mid cat gone an 2bro pipes - 44 / 48mpg mostly playing.
    Ignition advanced, fuel controller @ 13:0 AFR, open pipes, -2 rear sprocket and its sill 42 - 44 mpg. I'm not hitting 50 mpg on long runs like it did stock tho...
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put 16,000 miles on my bike it has 23,000 now and during that time I think the lowest I ever got was like 46mpg, that was riding it hard in the twisties on a vacation and not really using the gears above 4th in order to keep me in the powerband. My normal average is 52-56mpg. I live in Iowa so there's not a ton of exciting roads around here but I do use the full rpm range often and hit triple digit speeds when I can, in safe open roads with no traffic. My trip F doesn't usually kick on until about 180 miles and I normally fill up after 200 miles. Best I have ever gotten was 62mpg and just over 240 miles on the tank. The great gas mileage while still riding hard was always what I loved about the fz6. I also use the cheapest gas I can, usually 87 super unleaded like 10% ethenol I think. Anyone else having similar results or am I just lucky? I have an 05 fz6 if that matters (I don't think it should).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5l/100km (47mpg) these days, lots of highway around 110-115kph. 6-6,5 around town or if I twist the throttle more.

I hit the f-trip at precisely 265km on the last 2 tanks

I'm happy with that, my old fzr250 would give similar numbers but with half the power.

I run on 91 octane, will try 87 and report
    Last edited by broody; 06-10-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

45 MPG's beating around town, rarely over 70, no highway, some hard acceleration but mostly tame..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least 52 on a road trip yesterday, 43+ around town.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sold my FZ several years ago but I thought I would add to this topic. My 04 averaged 49 MPG over the 18 months/15000 miles that I tracked it.
    Retired: Old Blue (Yamaha FZS600 FZ6) | Fuelly
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switched to 87 octane, got the exact same mileage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right under 40 on average, however I attribute that not only to my big arse (even down 55 lbs this year, I am still a big boy on this bike), but I also enjoy riding higher RPM's so I can be heard (and help to be 'seen') since FZ6's unmodified are quiet as a kitten (to my ear, I can hear ground noise more than the engine at low rpms).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast