Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Ride like you own it..! raja777m's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Your Rider Resume

Started riding a 70cc at age 14(friend's moped, automatic), then immediately upgraded to 100cc Bajaj Boxer, Bajaj Chetak(awesome/powerful 150cc scooter), Hero Honda Passion Plus, then to a 150cc Hero Honda Glamor until i'm 21(all dad's money/vehicle).

Got 4 yrs gap after moving to USA, got my 08FZ6 BlackBeauty on March 29th, 2015(after selling 2 N. Sentras).
    Currently started spending money on mods one by one, slowly and steadily. This is my only vehicle now, for daily commute of less than 5 miles(rain or shine) and long trips over weekends(shine only).
    Over the past couple fuel fill-ups, i got 37 and 40mpg.
    Bike is currently 3500(oil change and inspection servicing done at 3k miles), planning to do the oil change for the first time in my life on my own at 7k miles.

Currently feeling lucky to get a decent bike for best value on the market with very low miles.

Accessories: Sony AZ1V Action Cam helmet mounted.
    08 FZ6: SOLD
    ~12v Outlet and USB~Red Reflective Rim stickers~Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank Bag~Carbon Fibre Frame Sliders~Scorpio SR-i900R~FE unknown brand~Sony AZ1VR and handle bar mount~Sony AS100VR with helmet mount~OPT7 LED underglow~Nokya H4 and H7 Arctic white~Go Cruise 2 Aluminum throttle Lock~Garmin Nuvi 1390 with suction cup~FZ09's Handlebar mirrors~park lights, FZ1 style~

https://raja777m.wordpress.com/2015/06/25/tamedbeast-fz6/

2. Thanks motojoe122 thanked for this post
    Likes Z3R0_zhift liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still green as far as amount of time in the saddle goes, I mean I'm about 14 months into it and I was a late starter... 29 years old but always wanted to ride, a few pillions and my uncle was an avid Harley man plus a few of the uncles on my other side of the family dabbled.

But in terms of miles I've really wound them on. I think it's over 8K on my YBR-125 (got bored of that within a month but didn't have money to get the full license/big bike for a while), 11K on my XJ-6 (had a spill on ice so traded her in, the shop is still rebuilding), and now even in just a few months about 5K on my FZ-6.

I've still got a lot to learn but the FZ-6 is the first bike I've had or ridden that feels like it was designed just for me. It's not the fastest or the lightest but by god is it a well-balanced all-rounder, it's like Yamaha did a semi-faired version of of the Hornet and made it better in the process. I can lean in to the corners or filter with more speed/confidence to the point where other bikers filtering at 15mph look pitifully slow and I enjoy the moment I can safely overtake. All year round riding makes you appreciate the extra grip of the road when the sun heats it up!

At heart I'm a sports tourer guy - don't like the wrist-ache position of the pure sports machines and the temptation to redline through the gears all the time - but I also enjoy the old-school cruisers, as I found out when I had the Yamaha XV950 (also stupidly named the Star Bolt in USA :roll eyes: ). My late uncle Tony left me his classic black leathers so even though I have an FZ-6 I tend to cruise around with the leathers and an open face pisspot style helmet and shades on weekend when the weathers good, I think it confuses a lot of fellow bikers having an R6-derived bike with cruiser gear on but it makes me happy and gets me thinking about the fact I never did get to ride out with my uncle. Maybe later. ;-)

Yeah. Just wish I'd started riding years ago, so by now I'd only be half crap instead of complete crap lol. Although knowing how I like to hoon it now probably best that I was a late starter.
    Last edited by rideslikean00b; 05-23-2015 at 01:58 AM.

4. Thanks Cloggy, motojoe122 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 31 yo, from Portugal, been riding since 2008 and have at the time I have almost 100.000km's on two wheels.

I have an Euro license and I'm permited to drive everything that goes from two wheels, until many wheels, motorcycles, cars, bus, truck, semi-truck, you name it.

Learned something about car/bus/truck mechanics in classes during heavy vehicles training.

My motorcycles where: Yamaha Thundercat, Honda Deauville and also SYM XS125-K. Now I ride the FZ6 and the SYM.

"V"
    http://www.mototurismoadois.wordpress.com -> My motorcycle touring blog
    https://www.bikepics.com/members/Serzedo/ -> BikePics profile

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829