13 5.12%
  • 11-12

26 10.24%
  • Adult

46 18.11%
  • Never

54 21.26%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hopped up on Mountain Dew How old were you when you first rode pillion? Sawblade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How old were you when you first rode pillion?

I've only ridden on the back of my own bike, and I was still driving. It's a good way to stretch your shoulders out on long rides.
    "Forget the bleeding! Is the bike ok?"

2. Thanks red_rock_beetle, Nelly thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm boringly under "never". Started riding at 20 when dad got back into it and can't remember ever riding on the back.

Given some bro friends a few rides tho, they were sure to leave a minimum 6 inch buffer zone between us. Makes for difficult riding.

I gave a friend a ride home on a ninja250 that only has a strap across the tiny seat to hang on to, he didn't seem to enjoy it

That stigma doesn't exist some other places...

Last edited by nsaP; 02-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.

4. Thanks Nelly thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad rode me around the parking lot of the apt. complex way before i was 4 even. I started riding on the back probably at the age of 3 just around town and the neighborhood. thinking about it now its kinda crazy having a kid that young on a bike... a lot sleepier of a place back then though...
    This Turkey Don't Jive

"It's better to be a [email protected] than a [email protected]"
    "3's a crowd, 4 is a rally."
    "Motorcycling is the most sensational feeling in the world, nothing else comes close." - Eddie Lawson

6. Thanks Nelly thanked for this post
    Goofball Extraordinaire ELIZABETH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was probably 4 or 5, as I remember being on in front, and my sister (two years older) was on back.
    Dad would take us out on his Norton 750 onto the not yet open but beautifully paved interstate 44. We had it all to ourselves. Well, until a police officer would come up and shoo us away.
    Dad could talk himself out of getting a ticket for it by using the excuse of "the kids wanting to go for a ride" and "this being a safe place." Well, until one day when the same officer caught us.
    Fond memories.
    Love the people God gave you, because he will need them back one day.

8. Thanks Nelly, SweaterDude thanked for this post
    Nelly (OP)
    International Liaison How old were you when you first rode pillion? Nelly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yamihoe View Post
    why is "never" not an option?
    my dad has never had a bike, so I havent had an opportunity to be taken for a ride, it took me showing up one day with a 1995 YZF600R to even get close to a motorcycle, let alone to get my parents to accept motorcycles as a form of transportation.
    that day didnt end well btw....idk how I got away with showing up at home twice with a motorcycle....mom still hates it lol
    Now an option

Biker Dude headlight mod
    Speedo Healer
    Lucky Irish Boy foot plates
    K&N air filter
    Heed crash bars with sliders
    External power outlet
    OSO2k set back plates
    Home made Gel seat mod

10. Thanks yamihoe, red_rock_beetle thanked for this post
    Nelly (OP)
    International Liaison How old were you when you first rode pillion? Nelly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nsaP View Post
    I'm boringly under "never". Started riding at 20 when dad got back into it and can't remember ever riding on the back.

Given some bro friends a few rides tho, they were sure to leave a minimum 6 inch buffer zone between us. Makes for difficult riding.

I gave a friend a ride home on a ninja250 that only has a strap across the tiny seat to hang on to, he didn't seem to enjoy it

That stigma doesn't exist some other places...

My 2 Cents, Personally I prefer the pillion as close as possible. When they sit right back the balance of the bike go's to 5hite. I also prefer an inexperienced pillion to hold on to me. That way I know where they are.
    I don't have any patience for people that are a bit anxious by being close to a person of the same sex.

Biker Dude headlight mod
    Speedo Healer
    Lucky Irish Boy foot plates
    K&N air filter
    Heed crash bars with sliders
    External power outlet
    OSO2k set back plates
    Home made Gel seat mod

Junior Member How old were you when you first rode pillion? mave2911's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    My 2 Cents, Personally I prefer the pillion as close as possible. When they sit right back the balance of the bike go's to 5hite.
    Concur - and it's a great disinhibitor for the ladies, as they've already had their legs around you! Plus the adrenaline of being on the bike, powerless, with the guy in front, enjoying the ride. (worked for me!)

I also prefer an inexperienced pillion to hold on to me. That way I know where they are.
    Absolutely - AND, they can't counter-lean when they hold on to you. (or worse still, counter-lean and then remember to lean, halfway around the corner!)

I don't have any patience for people that are a bit anxious by being close to a person of the same sex.
    Same - but if he starts breathing heavy and rubbing up against me, we're gonna stop and have words!

LOL!

To be fair, I've only had chicks, wife, my son and male friends on the back - not some random guy. (I did pick up a couple of female hitch-hikers in my pre-married life though!)

Cheers,
    Rick

13. Thanks red_rock_beetle, Nelly, dxh24 thanked for this post
    Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar How old were you when you first rode pillion? Kazza's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mave2911 View Post
    Plus the adrenaline of being on the bike, powerless, with the guy in front,
    Rick

Typical man response.....

Karen

Scorpion CF Cans; Ohlins rear shock; Ottimoto rear sets; Powerbronze belly pan; CF heel plates; Woodcraft sliders; Radguard; Clear indicators/tail-light; Red anodised oil cap, clutch adjuster & piston style valve caps; D3-Components FE; Yamaha dark smoke screen & Topbox; Rizoma black bars, red rear fluid reservoir, & bar ends; Pazzo std levers; Oxford heated grips; 15T sprocket; 12V power outlet; Healtech gear indicator & speedo healer; PCIII

#58 RIP Sic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamihoe View Post
    ... it took me showing up one day with a 1995 YZF600R to even get close to a motorcycle, let alone to get my parents to accept motorcycles as a form of transportation.
    that day didnt end well btw....idk how I got away with showing up at home twice with a motorcycle....mom still hates it lol

the same here, except, my dad had a bike when he was growing up, i have always found the idea nice until one day i told my family i was getting a license, they told me i wasn't, i told them I'm 22 and i will

anywhoo, the only time i rode 2up on the back was on a 4wheeler, so i guess never
    Zach
    感動

"Texas can be like another country ..." HELLGATE

http://www.facebook.com/zach.griffin1

Junior Member How old were you when you first rode pillion? mave2911's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Rick

Typical man response.....

Hey - gimme a break, since I got married, it's nice to reminisce about the times when I was in control of anything!

LOL!

Cheers,
    Rick

17. Thanks Nelly thanked for this post

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast