Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    CCHOUSEKY (OP)
    Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic CCHOUSEKY's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rider down...fz6joker

Guys, one of our former members, Daniel Pennington (fz6joker - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - View Profile: fz6joker), had a very bad crash on Saturday here in Kentucky. I wasn't on the ride but have ridden with Daniel many times and was even supposed to room with him at the Gap next month.

The details of what happened aren't completely clear, but the damage to Daniel is, and it's extensive. He was flown from the crash site to the University of Kentucky hospital where they found he'd not only broken his left arm badly (and has had a plate inserted into it), but he's also lost a kidney, his spleen, has a puncture wound that goes from front to back on his left side, broke a few ribs (one of which punctured his left lung), and shattered his pelvis.

He's a fantastic guy and his family could really use our help right now. He's doing fairly well for all the damage he's taken. His spirits are pretty good, but his mom and dad are out of work right now and are having to travel 2 to 2 1/2 hours one way between their home in Ashland, Kentucky to where Daniel's in the hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. His younger sister is still in school and they're having to take care of her at the same time.

Our local board, Kentucky-Sportbikes - The Front Page, is really pulling together and helping out with things his family needs, like soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. But they're having to pay for lodging, gas, and meals when traveling back and forth from home to the hospital. It's not easy for them and I'm hoping the fine members here can help out a fellow former FZ6 owner and member of this forum.

Paige Huston, who many of you know as the better half of PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider (I had to tease PJ a little! ) has set up a donation site on ChipIn.com. She said they've used this site in the past to take donations for downed riders and it works great. You can donate using either your PayPal account or even with just a debit card. There are no fees and the site doesn't take any sort of cut (like PayPal would). I know times are tough on everyone right now, but if you could even chip in $5 it would make a world of difference for Daniel and his family.

ChipIn: Daniel Pennington

Daniel does have full-coverage insurance and medical, but he's still going to be on the hook for a good bit out-of-pocket when the bills come due. Anything we can do to help his family with their travel/lodging expenses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys so much and please say a prayer that Daniel pulls through this and fully recovers. It's gonna be a long road, but he's tough and I know he'd appreciate you guys knowing what's going on.

*edit* I wanted to add the CaringBridge website for Daniel. This is a great way for you guys to keep up with how he's doing.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielpennington
    Last edited by CCHOUSEKY; 09-13-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    A wise man once said:

"Sometimes the gene pool needs chlorine, and sometimes the chlorine comes in the form of asphalt."

The Tall Guy! Rider down...fz6joker Geoff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Rider down...fz6joker

Prayers are with him, I really hope gets better...

Thanks CCHOUSEKY for finding out this information and posting it on the forum.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-25-2013 at 07:51 PM.

3. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never met him but that is a terrible thing to hear....thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    Ain't no grave that can hold me down!

89 KTM LC4- Flipped

05 KLR 650- sold

06 DL 650- Wrecked and left in about 1000 different pieces on I75

04 FZ6 Fighterd Out- DOA, resurrected, DOA, resurrected, DOA, Resurrected, DOA, resurrected, SOLDDDD

04 FZ1- Blew it the *****up! Rebuilt that biznitch!

5. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow i hope and pray he pulls through with a speedy recovery. That seems like a really bad accident

Was he the only one hurt in the accident?
    Motogiro Dual Head Light Mod / Chemiker Cable Lube Kit \ Motogiro Custom Exhaust / FZ1 Bar \ G2 Throttle Tamer / HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends \ Dual Density Pro Grips / Budget Adjustable Levers \ Axio Hard Tail Bag / Spencer Mod 1" Lowered Supracor Seat \ Techspec Tank Grip Pads

7. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is horrible, I wish him a quick recovery. I bought my fz6 from a guy in Lexington btw.
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 1000
    SOLD:2008 FZ6 Puig racing screen, Pilot Road 2CT tires, two brothers exhaust, P1-x tip, P1 tip, Two Brothers juice box, 15T sprocket, painted Axxio tail bag, painted Axxio tank bag, Yamaha comfort seat, T-Rex frame sliders, double bubble racing windscreen, painted radiator plates,

9. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, sorry to hear about this. I hope he recovers quickly and that him and his family pull through with minimal problems.

Great post, CCHOUSEKY.

11. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    Mainah' Rider down...fz6joker
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please send our well wishes for a speedy & complete recovery.

13. Thanks CCHOUSEKY thanked for this post
    CCHOUSEKY (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Geoff. Yeah, he's in pretty bad shape physically, but mentally he's pretty sharp and loves for us to stop by and see him whenever we can. I'll be heading back to the hospital either tonight or tomorrow night (I live in Lexington where UK is, so it's easy for me to get there).

And even if you all can't donate, feel free to post words of encouragement either here or PM Daniel.
    A wise man once said:

"Sometimes the gene pool needs chlorine, and sometimes the chlorine comes in the form of asphalt."

CCHOUSEKY (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
    Wow i hope and pray he pulls through with a speedy recovery. That seems like a really bad accident

Was he the only one hurt in the accident?
    Yeah, he was the only one involved. At this point, from what we've been able to figure (no other riders were around him when he wrecked), he ran wide in a right-hander. He grazed the rear wheel of an oncoming SUV which sent him off the bike. The two kids in the SUV said all they saw was Daniel taking huge steps (he apparently came off the bike on his feet and was trying to run himself to a stop). The bike hit under the guardrail on the opposite side of the road and took out one of the supports before coming to a rest against the 2nd one. Daniel seems to have impacted the guardrail with his left arm between it and himself and then when over it and down an embankment.

Scary stuff!
    A wise man once said:

Ronin Rider down...fz6joker jtarkany's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for letting us know. My prayers are with him and his family. Thanks for the link to the donation site as well.
    If someone tells you, You can't do something, and you believe them, then YOU can't.

17. Thanks CCHOUSEKY, Wolfman thanked for this post

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast