Likes Likes:  66
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

Had a set of Pirelli MT60 RS tires setting in the garage so decided to put them to use.

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190311_111810-jpg
    ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190311_111822-jpg
    ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190311_111906-jpg

2. Thanks FinalImpact thanked for this post
    Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Changed oil, cleaned and lubed chain and installed side tank pads.

Doc

4. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed some lowered foot pegs. Got them from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Posit...r77UAEjVIi6MGA

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190316_083441-jpg

I am giving the longer set (40mm & 50mm) a try first (pegs are mounted in the 50mm position). Had to reposition the rear brake pedal and shift lever. I have the shift lever adjusted as low as it can go before it hits the frame but it's still to high for my liking. I will give it a try during my commute tomorrow. If I don't like it I will give the shorter (20mm & 30mm) set a try.

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190317_210625-jpg

*Update*
    I moved the pegs up to the 40mm position prior to my ride home from work. I also re-positioned the brake pedal as it was too low. Results were positive. My knees didn't bother me by the end of my commute and the shift lever to foot peg relation is close to where it was pre-lowered foot pegs.
    Last edited by zrexrich; 03-18-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioning this just in case; when you lower the rear brake pedal make sure it's not now constantly activating the brake light switch .

*lowered the pedal on my previous bike, didn't check this, and rode around for a couple of days without noticing my brake light is always on. D'oh!
    Last edited by bricksrheavy; 03-18-2019 at 05:22 AM.

FinalImpact (OP)
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

After being Parked since November, pulled her out and washed off the cobwebs. Got the new Dunlop Q3 plus installed, cleaned the chain and everything else in the tail section did a short gearless ride.

FWIW - that's 6 months with the battery connected, NO charging. NO battery tender and she fired right off with one momentary push of the button.

Throttle response with the timing, fueling, and intake/exhaust mods is instantaneous! Let me get a sound clip some time soon!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zrexrich View Post
    Installed some lowered foot pegs. Got them from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Posit...r77UAEjVIi6MGA

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190316_083441-jpg

I am giving the longer set (40mm & 50mm) a try first (pegs are mounted in the 50mm position). Had to reposition the rear brake pedal and shift lever. I have the shift lever adjusted as low as it can go before it hits the frame but it's still to high for my liking. I will give it a try during my commute tomorrow. If I don't like it I will give the shorter (20mm & 30mm) set a try.

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-thumbnail_20190317_210625-jpg

*Update*
    I moved the pegs up to the 40mm position prior to my ride home from work. I also re-positioned the brake pedal as it was too low. Results were positive. My knees didn't bother me by the end of my commute and the shift lever to foot peg relation is close to where it was pre-lowered foot pegs.
    Also it looks like you lowered the shifter as its not centered in the triangle. Make sure you have enough travel to downshift when standing on the pegs!

Or mount that rear sets solid like I did. Pegs no longer wobble and shifts/braking are more predictable!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Go Naked- Its liberating ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~ agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I took of the passenger peg extensions, removed the bark busters and took the HVMP bar end weights off and replaced with the OEM weights. When I trade the wasp, these things will stay with me for the next bike.
    I also replaced the smoked lens LED tail light as one strip of LEDS was a bit suss and fitted a new Hyper lites sending unit as the first had become a little intermittent. Can't have brake lights not working 100%, whether I sell her or not safety is numero uno!
    Tomorrow I test ride a XSR900 and see what sort of trade in I get for the wasp, she's just done 54000 kms. If I decide I dont like the XSR, I'll re-fit my goodies-only takes about 1/2 hour
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

10. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Vrrroooooom! ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~ Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agf View Post
    Today I took of the passenger peg extensions, removed the bark busters and took the HVMP bar end weights off and replaced with the OEM weights. When I trade the wasp, these things will stay with me for the next bike.
    I also replaced the smoked lens LED tail light as one strip of LEDS was a bit suss and fitted a new Hyper lites sending unit as the first had become a little intermittent. Can't have brake lights not working 100%, whether I sell her or not safety is numero uno!
    Tomorrow I test ride a XSR900 and see what sort of trade in I get for the wasp, she's just done 54000 kms. If I decide I dont like the XSR, I'll re-fit my goodies-only takes about 1/2 hour
    Saw a guy on an XSR last week and he was slamming it in the turns I was very impressed. That bike did everything so well!
    Good luck Ade!
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Go Naked- Its liberating ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~ agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOOH XSR goodness, they pull and pull, I rode in "B" mode for most of my test, going into "Standard" and "A" just to see the difference. "A" could be coined aggressive and "B" -boring! BUT iys anything but boring. Torque across the range and a realy comfy step up from the FZ6.
    So what did I do to my FZ6 today? ---almost sealed the deal on trading it in. They offered me $3K which is about what I expected so pretty happy there.
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

13. Likes Motogiro, FinalImpact liked this post
    FinalImpact (OP)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agf View Post

Saw this on that bike... ^^
    Around town, you feel the extra weight of the bike (compared to the FZ-07) and, while totally manageable, the power the motor is capable of producing is never far from the front of your attention. On the triple, you spend time thinking about not overdoing it. On the twin, you spend time thinking about how to flog it. Which of those sounds like a more enjoyable ride?
    The part about "how to flog it" is why the Fizzer sticks around! It fits the bill for now.
    Regardless I wish you many thrills!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast