Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by swedespeed View Post
    Are you running a Penske?
    Ohlins YA-403 Shock type S46ER1

Thread here on the Andreani forks: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-g...k-upgrade.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darius View Post
    I replaced my erratic Oxford heated grips controller with the new v8. It has simplified wiring and was easily swapped out. Upon testing, its battery saving mode reduces the power consumption and heat output when it detects a low voltage around 12.68 and flashes a warning on the display. So far so good.

Also noticed slight fork oil seepage from my Andreani left fork cap. I added some pipe thread tape to hopefully resolve that as the O-ring appears to be in good shape.
    V8 controller Oxford heated grips are working well. 30 miles in 50F temps @ 75% worked well. It's so nice to already be riding with my preferred leather gloves instead of bulky and clumsy winter gloves.

The Andreani fork cap is now staying sealed with the teflon tape on the threads this time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinstalled my Cee Bailey 24" touring windshield and went for a cold ride (45F). It really deflects a ton of cold air and helps keep me comfortable for longer in the early spring while quieting the wind. Heated grips can only do so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No mods or anything serious yet, just put about 200 miles on this past weekend.

5. Likes darius liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulled off fairing which was scraped and damaged from previous owner's drops. Prepped and plasti dipped it black to match the tire hugger/chain guard and rear bumper. Left off light "eye lids". Re-bent attachment pieces by tank. Looks better and rattles and whistles far less. I may go naked eventually but this is an improvement IMO. The bike really feels peppier now! - jk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heated Hand Grips sounds like a great Idea, wish I had them too.

I did a bunch of small stuff to the bike, I will add a picture...

* Blue rim tape
    * Tank side Grips
    * Coleman MadDog seat cover\cushion, which got mad review on amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

total cost of mods $40

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-20180403_083232-jpg

I had to make a mod to let the seat cover so it would fit better, that is why you see the side wire holding it in place, instead of the straps it comes with. I have now painted it black and it is really not noticeable...

Looking forward being able to ride it, but weather here in CT has been so cold and does not look like it will warm up anytime soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike looks sharp Ital.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

9. Thanks Ital thanked for this post
    Go Naked- Its liberating ~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~ agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so today, I started to investigate why my horn would intermittently not work. My first thought was the relay had given up the ghost as I have a stebel horn and have had relays die in the past. Put in the new relay hit the button- no horn but the relay is clicking so power is getting thru. just no noise?!?!
    So I start having look at the wiring near the horn for anything untoward and I see that one of the connectors onto the original horn (connected in parallel with the stebel) has broken and the other wire has actually been rubbing and then shorting, which may also have contributed to the low beam occasionally flickering a little. ( 'nother issue that was due for investigation but may well be resolved) Anyways, new relay, new connectors , new double layer of twin wall shrink wrap over the wiring where it might still be subject to rubbing- all good.
    A quick check of the system
    12.4 v from the batt at idle, a drop to 11 ish at cranking and up to 14v when the revs are at 3k Oh and i tweaked the idle up from 1k to around 1200 rpm so it doesn't bog down at take off.

btw did I mention that I had new front end springs and 7.5 mt oil replaced up front and a new spring and shock on the rear about two weeks back- feels like a new bike! but one I am very used too.
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

11. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone!

Today I got my bike registered and took it for a spin after nearly a year in the shed. I've been doing a few mods on the bike over the year like swapping the clutch slave lever for a longer one from a Yammy 350 quad bike, a pair of Devil Magnum pipes from Ebay, and a new mod I have been working on for the last few months. It was a cool and cloudy day but the time was right to get out on the bike and blow away the cobwebs! The bike finally feels like it should, with a nice light clutch with a friction zone, and a really nice sound from the pipes. The other thing is that I finally cured the vibrations which had been bugging me for the last few years. I don't get much time to ride because of work and family commitments, but I still love the FZ to bits!

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-20180811_092958-jpg

~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~-20180811_093112-jpg

13. Likes FinalImpact liked this post

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425