Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Where did you find your bike?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newspaper classifieds

2 1.30%
  • Cycle Trader

6 3.90%
  • On the forum

4 2.60%
  • Ebay

10 6.49%
  • Craigslist

69 44.81%
  • Other

63 40.91%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Where did you find your bike??

To be honest I don't even remember now how I decided I wanted Yamaha, but I knew that's what I wanted -- so I went to a dealer that carried Yamaha, saw the FZ1 and wanted it.

After I saw the price, and found out it was a liter bike (yeah, I literally knew nothing about bikes when I was looking for mine), I decided to get the FZ6 instead.

So basically - I walked into a dealership and walked out with a bike.
    Puig smoke racing screen, Targa FE, Pazzo levers, Top Saddlery seat, HVMP bar ends, grip puppies, Givi E52 Maxia top case

2. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still in the crate out back of the stealer. When i walked in and inquired about an FZ6 I didn't just get a blank look for from the sales woman, she flat out had no idea what I was talking about (and that was supposed to be her specialty). After getting her to look through the invoices she says I think we have one..........out back.........still in the shipping crate. So I walked back there with her and I found it . Picked it up the next day, paid for. The sales woman says I've never seen one of those before. I was thinking "your a freakin Yamaha dealer and you don't know whats available? WTF" But hey I got my bike with 0.1mi on the clock

4. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After lurking in the FZ6 forum for a bit, I purchased my '09 brand new in '10 thru a dealership. Bike was sitting in a dealerships warehouse the whole time.
    One of the best purchases I have ever made!
    Mods: Frame Slider, shorty brake and clutch levers(black), Rizoma sport grips, RaceTech fork springs, installed Powerlet under the seat, Dual low beam. No more hey you have a light out!!!
    Ceramic black headers, Rearsets & other items plastic coated Blood Red w candied finish. FZ1 bar, LeoVince Carbon, FE kit.

New - HEL Performance brake lines, Throttle Tamer.

6. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drove 3 hours to get mine that I found on Craigslist. Get back home and the next day a bike of same year, miles, and color was listed within 10 miles.

8. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    No ride is too far... Where did you find your bike?? motojoe122's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was at a dealership(kawi-yama) on a parts run for work, while waiting, I asked if they had the new versys.....I was told they dont carry suzuki! Anyways, I was shown the fz and the rest is history in the making.

10. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Multibike disorder.. Where did you find your bike?? paper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was shopping for a small sport tourer to replace my VFR.. I found my bike on Craigslist, set up EXACTLY the way I wanted it.. (except I really wanted a red one) It had the full Givi bag set up, heated grips, and was toured by a nice lady a couple hours from me, and maintained by her boyfriend who was a stickler for good maintenance. I took it for a quick test ride, put money down, and drove over the next night and loaded it in my truck..

Been a great bike!! And the price was pretty much what other used FZ6's were going for without all the goodies that were included with this one!!

12. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on my second cruiser, a '98 Honda Aero 1100 and wanted something different. I saw a guy on CL had the '06 FZ6 looking to trade it. I rode over and gave him my bike plus $500 for his. Cosmetically it is rough - rusty hardware, chemical stains on the cluster, etc. but I figured I was new to this style, so what the hell. I thought it was a very fair trade. My '98 had about 25k on the the clock and was pretty much spotless. His '06 was a little beat with around 23k, but seemed to run fine.

Best motorcycle move I've made.

Joe

14. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 1/2 hr drive to pick up a (fast) blue 06' i found on Craigslist. I got the guy to come down $400 and throw in his First Gear heated pants/jacket/gloves (listed on same ad for $300) and had him fill it up before I paid I took $$ for his asking price though cause I wasn't leaving without it (unless it was misrepresented in the ad) 5k miles in perfect condition.

16. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    Make no excuses! Where did you find your bike?? 08fz6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dad was a dealer for 10 years. Made many friends with local dealers. that eneded in 2007. Called one in April 2008, and asked if they had one. He did, told him I would make sure thats what I wanted. Waited a lil too long and it was sold. He went to a another dealer and got me one.
    2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue
    Bi-Xenon HID Halo Projectors, Top Saddlery Seat, LED Pod Lights, Scorpion Carbon Fiber Exhaust, CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn, T-Rex Frame Sliders, LED Integrated Tail Light, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Rumble Concept Fender Eliminator, bd43's Headlight wire harness mod, Battery Tender, Blue LED's, Dunlop Road Smarts

RC Cars:
    RC10GT, Sportwerks Chaos, Duratrax Evader EXT

Daily Driver:
    2011 Ford Edge Limited Awd

18. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I sat on lots of bikes at several stealerships, almost buying new Ninja with cosmetic damage from test drive. They wouldn't drop the price as much as I thought AND I kept sitting on bikes just seeing how they fit. Slowly it came to me that every time I befriended the FZ it fit. Almost bought new 09 but then a C/L add had the 08 Raven w/3000 miles. It was two hours away and I got there and it was 4,188 miles! Errrrrr. . . I picked it up the next weekend after very short rain ride.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

20. Thanks dxh24 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast