Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  132
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: What will provide the best real world performance for the FZ?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone, she's fine the way she is.

226 50.00%
  • Exhaust, air filter, airbox mods that get us 5-10 hp increase ($200 per 1 hp increase).

78 17.26%
  • Engine Swap with R6 for a 35 hp increase ($64 per 1 hp increase).

23 5.09%
  • Suspension, everybody knows suspension is where it's at for real world performance increase.

125 27.65%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Noticing a trend in FZ6 Horsepower Obsession

Quote Originally Posted by red06 View Post
    ive ridden the k1200s bmw , just like it pulls from 0-100 , it will pull the same from 100-200km , and 200-300 km ,

the fz6 pulls great in third gear to redline (120 mph or so)
    after that it doesn't wanna rip anymore so i never bothered to take it further , also any wind and uneven pavement and it wont accelerate past 120-ish MPH
    I've only ever had mine up to 295Kph once, but it sure was fun..for the few seconds it was there...then I had my friends tell me I should have ducked behind the windshield..
    I find myself WOT almost all the time on the wife's FZ6..I guess ~1/2 the HP will do that..:BLAA:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted suspension if you were to do anything. I like mine stock.

I have entertained the ECU reflash mainly to get rid of the choppy throttle issue and maybe make the engine more efficient. I've been doing some research into it and it seems like it might be a good mod. Still not completely sold on it yet though.
    51,600 miles on my 09 FZ6. U.S.:Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming. Canada: Alberta, British Columbia.

3. Thanks jtarkany thanked for this post
    Tiger Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow far to technical for me, but here's my thougths...

I'm no mech/tech head just an ordinary geezer who loves bikes and has ridden for 20+ years.

If its broke it goes to the garage.

I modded due to this site (god damm you) for my own preferences

Scorp cans (sound)

BD43 headlight mod (safety)

Speedohealer (to keep my licence)

MRA screen (comfort)

Seat (comfort)

Heated grips (because I live in England)

I love my FZ the way she is, she's a more capable bike than I am a rider. I often look at other bikes to buy but then think WHY ??

I don't need extra HP as I have the BLUE FZ and we all know the blue ones have 99999999999hp

Interesting thread though

5. Thanks motojoe122, kenh, JayyVee thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of sounding like a jerk... Hah! Like I really care about that! ... I generally think that anyone who believes that almost any modern bike isn't powerful enough either can't ride or is some kind of an @$*&@)#. Do I like faster machines? Yes, of course. But nothing you're likely to buy (within a given class and if you're an even remotely educated consumer) could ever be considered "not powerful enough."

7. Thanks JeffSez59 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chornbe View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk... Hah! Like I really care about that! ... I generally think that anyone who believes that almost any modern bike isn't powerful enough either can't ride or is some kind of an @$*&@)#. Do I like faster machines? Yes, of course. But nothing you're likely to buy (within a given class and if you're an even remotely educated consumer) could ever be considered "not powerful enough."
    +1 Hit it right on the head

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who give a F**K....just ride it till the wheels fall off. Modern 600cc motos are faster than any average vehicle on the road. If you want something fast ride a turbo'd busa pushing over 500hp.

You can put a slow rider on a fast bike and it will still be slow, but put a fast rider on a slow bike and they will still whoops your bum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Who give a F**K....just ride it till the wheels fall off. Modern 600cc motos are faster than any average vehicle on the road. If you want something fast ride a turbo'd busa pushing over 500hp.

You can put a slow rider on a fast bike and it will still be slow, but put a fast rider on a slow bike and they will still whoops your bum.
    so instead of upgrading to a bike with 35 more hp or so you suggest sticking with the FZ6 or jumping up to a turbo'd hyabusa?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of commuting and normal riding FZ6 is a bloody powerfull bike. I notice that my city riding hardly ever needs more than 7k rpms and as for now I've seen 12k rpms twice or three times since I got this bike. And it's really enough. Just flip the throttle and you're already further away than any car etc.

12. Thanks JayyVee thanked for this post

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314