Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5'x8' trailer connected to my Tundra 4x4 that I laid 2"x4"s across and then mounted a PowerStands PowerChock at the front. I hook two regular ratcheting straps to PowerChock front hook points, go outside the trailer, up from under the front fairing, over the top triple then underhook the top triple. I use that to keep the bike at the front of the trailer. I then hook the arms of the passenger pegs go under the side of the trailer, crossover, the hook back again the arm of the passenger peg. Unlock the ratchets and pull the strap tight to remove all slack, then start ratcheting. Compress the rear shock and front forks as much as you can. This keeps the bike form bouncing out of position.

Pics:

Nelly (OP)
    International Liaison Loading a bike into a tuck or trailer Nelly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oso2k View Post
    I have a 5'x8' trailer connected to my Tundra 4x4 that I laid 2"x4"s across and then mounted a PowerStands PowerChock at the front. I hook two regular ratcheting straps to PowerChock front hook points, go outside the trailer, up from under the front fairing, over the top triple then underhook the top triple. I use that to keep the bike at the front of the trailer. I then hook the arms of the passenger pegs go under the side of the trailer, crossover, the hook back again the arm of the passenger peg. Unlock the ratchets and pull the strap tight to remove all slack, then start ratcheting. Compress the rear shock and front forks as much as you can. This keeps the bike form bouncing out of position.

Pics:

Where are the pics man?

Biker Dude headlight mod
    Speedo Healer
    Lucky Irish Boy foot plates
    K&N air filter
    Heed crash bars with sliders
    External power outlet
    OSO2k set back plates
    Home made Gel seat mod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perryn View Post
    Where are the pics man?
    Maybe you have to be a member of that other forum to see them. Hmm. Here they are again.

Former '04 FZ6 Rider DefyInertia's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those fresh pilot powers get me all excited to go hit the track every time I see them...you're killng me man!
    A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid situations that require superior skill.

My YouTube Videos My Rider Resume

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised it took so long, but I'm with you biker dude...getting the thing OUT of the truck is the only thing I worry about.

I'm going to look at getting a very long ramp so that the angle isn't sharp. I'm guessing my bed is 6' so it would be two 6 footers that somehow bolt together in the middle. I'll have to custom build it of course...anyone have a welder I can borrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you have to be a member of that other forum to see them. Hmm. Here they are again.
    That bike looks awesome with the lower cowl. I dont own a fz6, but if I did I would be looking up the number to those guys. Drool!
    Bikes and airplanes is all I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportrider_fz6 View Post
    NICE VID. Now I would like to see someone unload a bike. The entire risk factor isn't worth it when you can go and get a trailer, which is way the hell easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But with a trailer, you're limited to 55mph. Without it, you can pretty much go with the flow of traffic.

Nelly (OP)
    International Liaison Loading a bike into a tuck or trailer Nelly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mate,
    Great pictures, I really like the look of the full fairing to.

Biker Dude headlight mod
    Speedo Healer
    Lucky Irish Boy foot plates
    K&N air filter
    Heed crash bars with sliders
    External power outlet
    OSO2k set back plates
    Home made Gel seat mod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Hey Os ... some fella asked how to supersport his bike on another thread ... You should post him some some pics.

That looks excellent !!! good job mate

For you Neil.....

If you go for the plank of wood option beware if you have the bike running. Once the front wheel is in the van too much throttle can spin the plank away and you're in a whole world of pain !! seen it done
    Jonathan
    BMW F650 GS DAKAR

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast