Vrrroooooom! Cut Harness 2007 fz6 code 19 Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cut Harness 2007 fz6 code 19

Quote Originally Posted by Fz6 2007 View Post
    Attachment 69504

Also here is the info refercing the no.4 circuit at ECM...
    Copied from the sticker re codes by admin ...
    Is this something to research ?
    Thanks All...
    Happy Tday...!!!
    Usually if that cut off relay assembly fails, you won't get the starter or the fuel pump.

Sent from Moto's Motorola
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    Usually if that cut off relay assembly fails, you won't get the starter or the fuel pump.

Sent from Moto's Motorola
    I guess I will set up that continuity test between 3&4 on the starting circuit cut-off relay again, maybe I missed the test procedure yesterday ... I guess the next test protocol would be investigate the no.4 circuit at ECM &the ECM...does anyone have a test to confirm that no.4 circuit?
    Thanks Again All

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I guess I will set up that continuity test between 3&4 on the starting circuit cut-off relay again, maybe I missed the test procedure yesterday ... I guess the next test protocol would be investigate the no.4 circuit at ECM &the ECM...does anyone have a test to confirm that no.4 circuit?
    Thanks Again All

Cliff, can u verify my understanding is correct 1+ , 2- ....and continuity between 3&4 should open and close when power is applied to 1 and removed from 1...
    Thanks again ???!!!!???!!!!

Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Cut Harness 2007 fz6 code 19-_20181123_085106-jpg
    The five wires originally cut , insulation melted with lighter ...red orange, brown ( larger gauge wires) and two smaller gauge wires blue/yellow and blue/brown...
    Help... any thoughts or ideas???

5. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suspect you'll be opening up the harness quite a bit in both directions..

I'd probably use marine, "butt", crimp connectors. Basically slipping each stripped wire end into the connector, crimp, heat (and it then seals itself).

Your really NOT loosing any wire lenthe, just reconnecting everything
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

7. Thanks Fz6 2007 thanked for this post
    Likes Fz6 2007 liked this post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut Harness 2007 fz6 code 19-_20181123_085106-jpg
    The five wires originally cut , insulation melted with lighter ...red orange, brown ( larger gauge wires) and two smaller gauge wires blue/yellow and blue/brown...
    Help... any thoughts or ideas???
    I would check to see if possibly the plug assemblies for the ignition switch have good integrity. There is the possibility a pin became compromised during the theft. The 2 smaller gauge wire get tied together through the ignition switch. There is the possibility that the thief bussed 12 positive current to one of those smaller gauge wires and hurt the ECU. The blue with a yellow tracer turns into a black with red tracer through the plug. This wire goes directly to the ECU. The other wire you said is blue with a brown tracer is actually supposed to be blue with a black tracer. That blue/black goes to the starter circuit cut-off relay, through diodes and through the neutral safety and side stand switch. I don't think the start circuit cut out relay is toast because you're getting starter and fuel pump prime. What the ignition switch does is ties the 2 blue lighter gauge wires together. They are not supplied with 12 volt positive from the ignition so don't ever expose them to positive 12 vdc. You might try to disconnect these 2 light gauge wires and attach them together (on the bike side, not the ignition switch side) and see if the bike will start. If the bike does not start, then find the plug where the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires. The blue with yellow tracer wire turns into black with a red tracer. This is probably where your 19 error is coming from. You might also check to see that the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires going to the ignition switch get continuity. You should see close to 0 ohms through these 2 wires when the key is turned to the on position.

Undo these 2 wires and do these tests first.
    Last edited by Motogiro; 11-23-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

9. Thanks TownsendsFJR1300, Fz6 2007 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd sure like to know where that heavy orange wire goes, I don't see it in S1 or S2 schematics.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

11. Thanks Fz6 2007 thanked for this post
    Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    I would check to see if possibly the plug assemblies for the ignition switch have good integrity. There is the possibility a pin became compromised during the theft. The 2 smaller gauge wire get tied together through the ignition switch. There is the possibility that the thief bussed 12 positive current to one of those smaller gauge wires and hurt the ECU. The blue with a yellow tracer turns into a black with red tracer through the plug. This wire goes directly to the ECU. The other wire you said is blue with a brown tracer is actually supposed to be blue with a black tracer. That blue/black goes to the starter circuit cut-off relay, through diodes and through the neutral safety and side stand switch. I don't think the start circuit cut out relay is toast because you're getting starter and fuel pump prime. What the ignition switch does is ties the 2 blue lighter gauge wires together. They are not supplied with 12 volt positive from the ignition so don't ever expose them to positive 12 vdc. You might try to disconnect these 2 light gauge wires and attach them together (on the bike side, not the ignition switch side) and see if the bike will start. If the bike does not start, then find the plug where the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires. The blue with yellow tracer wire turns into black with a red tracer. This is probably where your 19 error is coming from. You might also check to see that the 2 light gauge blue w/tracer wires going to the ignition switch get continuity. You should see close to 0 ohms through these 2 wires when the key is turned to the on position.

Undo these 2 wires and do these tests first.
    Thanks Cliff, I will do these tests this afternoon, gonna watch F1 qually , then go fishing... I really appreciate your time and effort in solving this...and yes it's blue and black ( not blue n brown )... cheers Cliff

13. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I have connected the blue/yellow and blue/black harness bike side, turned key on and bike started immediately ... !!!
    What does that tell ? Do I leave this bypass connected?
    What are your thoughts?
    Thanks Again , Cliff !!

15. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Fz6 2007 (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

After restart , I entered Daig and saw d60 at 1, d61 at 19 and d62 at 1 ...cycled kill switch ,saw it clear and remains code free after multiple starts...
    I assumed the circuitry at or inside the main switch is faulty... your thoughts???

17. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast