Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vrrroooooom! Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    yes all the others lights on the instrument panel is working. Only the blue light thatīs indicates if the headlight is on or off that is not working.
    That blue indicator light is for only when the high beam is active. It does not light when the headlight system is on low beam.

See my #2 post in this thread and confirm there is positive12vdc on the black with yellow tracer wire, while the high beam is turned on. Remember the engine must be running or the headlight circuit does not activate.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Eric (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the blue light should only flash one second when the test sequence runs at start up. And also when the head light “high beam” is turned on.
    I haven’t had time to be at the garage, but I still think that itīs the black cable with the with tripe that is missing at the connector that are the problem.

Vrrroooooom! Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the blue light should only flash one second when the test sequence runs at start up. And also when the head light “high beam” is turned on.
    I haven’t had time to be at the garage, but I still think that itīs the black cable with the with tripe that is missing at the connector that are the problem.
    No, the blue high beam cluster indicator should not flash on during the key on, auto test sequence. There are 6 lights in the cluster that could auto test through the internal IC in the cluster. One is the neutral safety light but I'm not sure it has it's ground through the cluster ground. If it doesn't have the cluster ground the auto test will not light the neutral light unless the transmission is in neutral. The schematic is unclear as to whether the neutral safety has a cluster ground and I doubt that it does use the cluster ground because the neutral safety is activated though a ground path and if it used the cluster system ground it would be always lit.

Lights that are not tied to the cluster IC auto start are the high beam, left and right turn signals, and 2 cluster back lights(always active with key on). These last mentioned lights should not come on during the key on auto test but can be continuously lit if the high beam or turn signal/4 ways are active while the key is on.

Lights that do come on during key on auto test should be fuel warning,oil level,check engine, and coolant temperature.

Also the high beam indicator should not be active if the engine is not running because the headlamp relay does not come on until the engine has been started, So before checking anything pertaining to the headlights the engine needs to be running.

Again, please see my #2 post and test for high beam signal to the cluster.
    Last edited by Motogiro; 10-19-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just to add to the above, Cliff is correct in key ON, the blue HB indicator does NOT come on at all (no flash, NOTHING).

The Neutral light (in neutral), comes on (of course) and stays on at key on / running.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

5. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    Eric (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cable that are not going/connected any where.
    Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working-img_1735-jpg

I have messured the black with yellow marker Cable. But please confirm that i did correct to mesure between that Cable and the frame of the bike. (i guessed that this is the GND?!) There were no voltage there when the high beam was on.
    Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working-img_1734-jpg

The LED we are talking about is the one in the middle on the top row. (To the Right of the green "N" LED.)
    Headlight - Led indicator on dashboard not working-img_1736-jpg

sorry for all the questions and not knowing more. Im not that skilled when it comes to this issue. Thanks for all the replies!
    Last edited by Eric; 10-20-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have messured the black with yellow marker Cable. But please confirm that i did correct to mesure between that Cable and the frame of the bike. (i guessed that this is the GND?!) There were no voltage there when the high beam was on.

The LED we are talking about is the one in the middle on the top row. (To the Right of the green "N" LED.)

sorry for all the questions and not knowing more. Im not that skilled when it comes to this issue. Thanks for all the replies!
    Have confidence in yourself. You will solve this.

Testing the high beam indicator signal against the chassis is good as long as you ground it to a non painted point. A stainless nut or button head is a decent place to look for a ground. Testing a known live 12vdc positive against your ground point is a good way to confirm the ground your using. The wire you're testing should be black with a yellow tracer. The engine must be running with the headlight on and the high beam switch on. You should see the high beam lit. How are you gaining access to the wire? Through the insulator or a pin on the plug? Are you using a test light or a meter. Are you testing while the engine is running and with the high beam on?

That other plug (single wire) in the 1st photo looks like it is a terminated wire. Sometimes you will find a wire that goes nowhere because the same harness is used on a different bike for a different market or it is a factory/ tech test point.
    Last edited by Motogiro; 10-20-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cliff, he's in Sweden. That wire may have something to do with the immobilizer (IF EQUIPPED).

IE, we're not talking about a US model..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

9. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What color is the wire to that plug! It looks like a yellow tracer but I can't be sure.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

11. Likes FinalImpact liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

This ever get resolved?

A meter set to diode test is enough to light the led. Think I've repaired 3 clusters for various levels of damage.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

13. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12