Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Chengaskhan (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery is at 12.89V. Turned key and nothing. No fuel pump, cluster doesn't lite up

Hello,

So I know 12.89V isn't ideal but I believe that should be enough to even just power accessories and have the instrument cluster turn on as well as fuel pump. Does anyone know what could cause that?

I know this is super vague, but basically I turn the key and it literally does nothing. Youtube has help for if it doesn't crank, or if the fuel lines are clogged, but none of that is relevant as it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Could the cutoff relay have anything to do with this? Or any other aspect of the starter system?

-Thanks,

Alan

Vrrroooooom! Battery is at 12.89V. Turned key and nothing. No fuel pump, cluster doesn't lite up Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Battery is at 12.89V. Turned key and nothing. No fuel pump, cluster doesn't lite up

Do you have tail light,brake light, horn when you turn on the key? If not you may have a blown 30 amp main fuse located on top of the battery. If that fuse is blown you have a bad short and should track it down before replacing that main fuse.
    Last edited by Motogiro; 10-09-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

3. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Battery is at 12.89V. Turned key and nothing. No fuel pump, cluster doesn't lite up

I'm having the same issue in my thread (not cranking over), mine did run but I shorted something.

Vrrroooooom! Battery is at 12.89V. Turned key and nothing. No fuel pump, cluster doesn't lite up Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KillJaceWade View Post
    I'm having the same issue in my thread (not cranking over), mine did run but I shorted something.
    I believe your issue is different. The op on this thread seems to have no power at all when they turn on the key.

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chengaskhan View Post
    Hello,

So I know 12.89V isn't ideal but I believe that should be enough to even just power accessories and have the instrument cluster turn on as well as fuel pump. Does anyone know what could cause that?

I know this is super vague, but basically I turn the key and it literally does nothing. Youtube has help for if it doesn't crank, or if the fuel lines are clogged, but none of that is relevant as it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Could the cutoff relay have anything to do with this? Or any other aspect of the starter system?

-Thanks,

Alan
    Is the bike new to you? If so, has anyone buggered up the wiring harness?

Any recent work done?

12.89 volts is fully charged. Yes, you should get dash, pump, etc.

I would lift the tank and check the battery connections. You may have a loose cable. Also make sure the red, plastic, POSITIVE CABLE COVER is NOT stuck between the battery and cable.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

7. Thanks Motogiro thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

12.89 volts is fully charged. Yes, you should get dash, pump, etc.

I would lift the tank and check the battery connections. You may have a loose cable. Also make sure the red, plastic, POSITIVE CABLE COVER is NOT stuck between the battery and cable.
    This^^^^^^^ should be the very first thing to check.

Thank you Scott!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

9. Likes TownsendsFJR1300 liked this post
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any updates??
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

11. Likes Motogiro liked this post