Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Change headlight to LED bulbs - will that damage rectifier/battery ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ohendo View Post
    FYI, I switched to LED's in April 2017. I've had ZERO issues and love the increased visibility. I've put about 15K miles on since installing them.
    Same here, switched in 2016 I think - no issues at all. The _only_ things that were of note:

- took awhile to get them adjusted such that oncoming cars didn't flash their high-beams at me... either they were aimed too high, or the dispersal is not as tight
    - dispersal... not as focused (with what I got), or at least that is the feel that I get.

Having said that, the sheer amount of light dispersed, esp. on lonely country roads (with deer), or the NJ Barrens... cannot beat it.
    @Ohendo, still very much loving those turn signals!

2. Likes Ohendo, Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gnyce View Post
    @Ohendo, still very much loving those turn signals!
    Awesome....but it was @FinalImpact who turned me on to those lights. Speaking of which...the stalks on them don't have much flexibility. Found out the hard way, while pulling into my garage I brushed up against a trash can. Broke the right front stalk cleanly, dangling by the wiring. Currently have it back to together with some strong tape. Pondering leaving it that way vs spending another $100 on a replacement!
    2005 Silver FZ6 | Dual LED headlights | Yamaha LED blinkers | 12V power socket | Bikemaster Superbike bar w/risers | MotoDynamic Smoke tail light | FE | Michelin PR4's | Puig Racing screen - Dark Smoke | Spencer-ized stock seat | >47K Miles

4. Thanks gnyce thanked for this post
    Likes Motogiro liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

^^ That's a bummer!

Can you fab something from aluminum sheet and secure to the colored plate, then form a right angle with a hole in it under the mount. Or maybe SS as it would flex longer without breaking....

Yes, those lights coupled with switchback circuit.... Almost modern'ish! Too bad they don't flex!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

6. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12