Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: R6 forks, axle, spacers/adapters for 07-09

These are a great deal from a great seller. I can't buy them right now but Matt is a great guy to work with and anyone who grabs these is getting an amazing deal.
    Last edited by swedespeed; 07-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.

2. Thanks MattR302 thanked for this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

It only takes a few more minutes than pulling the wheel.
    The exception being cutting the fender and swapping calipers if you have an early model.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

It's all good! R6 forks, axle, spacers/adapters for 07-09 trepetti's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Everything you need to upgrade the forks for a Gen 2.
    Forks from a 03/04 R6 (it took me buying a few sets on eBay to actually get a good straight set)
    I replaced the seals and the oil last spring, about 1500 miles on them since. I had the axle spacers (stainless steel) and the fender adapters (aluminum) made by a machinist at my last job. M10 washers for the caliper spacers.
    $425 shipped to the US.
    Your inbox is full. I think i am ready to make the jump. Pm me when you can receive messages

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

5. Likes ShoopCE liked this post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PayPal sent. Thanks
    2005 FZ6 - R6 Forks, FZ1 bar, Killernoodle clutch lever, Puig windscreen, Woodcraft sliders, BD43 headlight mod, Watsen LED signals, 2-Wheels levers, SW Motec tank bag, Givi topcase, Galfer SS brake lines, LED pod lights, Hyperlites, Grip Puppies

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trepetti View Post
    PayPal sent. Thanks
    Good call!
    If you ever find the nose beating at the tarmac like a jack hammer when going downhill and braking hard (usually into a required turn), simply overfill the oil by 1.25 to 1.5" and for me the problem has never returned.

Mind you when/if it does happen, don't fight it. Relax, let off the brakes and lean.

Enjoy...
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FinalImpact View Post
    Good call!
    If you ever find the nose beating at the tarmac like a jack hammer when going downhill and braking hard (usually into a required turn), simply overfill the oil by 1.25 to 1.5" and for me the problem has never returned.

Mind you when/if it does happen, don't fight it. Relax, let off the brakes and lean.

Enjoy...
    Thanks Randy. I remember reading your thread a while ago and will keep an eye out. Really stoked. Waiting to see what the calipers look like so I can determine if they need refreshing. I put my parts list together for new seals, retainers, pins and clips and will rebuild in the off season before install.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trepetti View Post
    Thanks Randy. I remember reading your thread a while ago and will keep an eye out. Really stoked. Waiting to see what the calipers look like so I can determine if they need refreshing. I put my parts list together for new seals, retainers, pins and clips and will rebuild in the off season before install.

Fleebay calipers?
    Keep in mind the early R6 caliper pistons are all the same size. The S2 FZ and R6S the leading piston is slightly smaller to promote even pad wear from end to end.

Just want to make sure you have the right parts.

Also IIRC the spacers needed to center the calipers over the rotor are 0.110" ... but this really only matters if you want to get every molecule of pad when wearing to the limit.

Once the fender is cut (S2) and you have calipers ready (S1), its only a couple hours to install them. I'd suggest starting w stanchion tubes above the triple by 6mm each.
    Ride and get the rebound setting good (no pack down on bumpy stops) then add suitable compression damping so it doesn't bottom on your worst roads or during heavy braking. Throw rip-tie around the stanchion and push it down to determine how much travel is being used.

Oh and SAG. You get to set that now. Start a thread and do a little shout out if you need input.
    Enjoy!
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride and get the rebound setting good (no pack down on bumpy stops) then add suitable compression damping so it doesn't bottom on your worst roads or during heavy braking. Throw rip-tie around the stanchion and push it down to determine how much travel is being used.
    Ideally you want to use 80-90% of available travel under heavy braking. The zip-tie is your gauge. If you are using more than that, you'll need to raise the oil height and if your aren't using enough available travel you'll need to remove some oil. Make changes in 10mm increments and keep good records of the changes and the result.

Oh and SAG. You get to set that now. Start a thread and do a little shout out if you need input.
    Sag can be set on all forks. It's just a matter of making adjustments to the preload spacer. I think what you meant to say is "you can EASILY set that now". Start with a spacer that allows 10mm of preload. Assuming that your spring rate is correct, 10mm of preload will give you ample adjustability at the fork cap adjustment. BTW, I have adjustable fork caps on my damping rod (now GVE) forks, so any fork can take advantage of easy adjustability.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Yes it can be on all forks but when its not easy that leaves about 5% of the people who do it. Most don't even measure sag for the sake of keeping track of change.
    Just being realistic. Again, starting with the proper spring rate is critical to having a vehicle that performs to expectations and isn't upset by basic flaws in the road surface.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12