• HJC FS-10

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a Scorpion EXO1000...bad ass helmet kevlar/fiberglass shell...built in flip down sun shade and pump up air-fit system...locking visor, vents galore, quick change visor system.

$320 and worth it for sure.Scorpion Sports 2007

Last edited:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a Scorpion EXO1000...bad ass helmet kevlar/fiberglass shell...built in flip down sun shade and pump up air-fit system...locking visor, vents galore, quick change visor system.

$320 and worth it for sure.Scorpion Sports 2007

My husband has this one and it is completely falling apart. He got it in the spring and now it is missing the front vent cover, the shield doesn't shut right and one of the vents on top of his head doesn't work. Just a heads up.

T

TheVmaxrider

My husband has this one and it is completely falling apart. He got it in the spring and now it is missing the front vent cover, the shield doesn't shut right and one of the vents on top of his head doesn't work. Just a heads up.

Also, the cheek pads will break the mounting tabs if you inadvertantly over pump the airbags!! Initially I liked the helmet, know I wish I had just kept looking. It is a POS of the highest magnititude.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Never heard of the Sparx. Tried on the FS-10 a few days ago as i'm looking for another helmet. Nice, but didn't fit right..currently have an HJC Sy-Max II and love it, so i'm already a fan of HJC, but want a helmet thats a little tigher in and has a breath guard/chin curtain as the symax is a little loud at speed and gets a little cold. Looking at the Scorpion exo-700 if i can find a dealer nearby that actually carries them in stock!

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site

We'll see about the vents on mine, but the visor shuts like the door on an SL Benz...seals perfectly.

Also, the cheek pads will break the mounting tabs if you inadvertantly over pump the airbags!! Initially I liked the helmet, know I wish I had just kept looking. It is a POS of the highest magnititude.

Its one of the only helmets designed and built from start to finish in the same place, by the same company. Not outsourced to save $$ and therefore lose quality. It uses some of the best materials in the industry, and has some uncommon features not found elsewhere.

I would think overpumping the air bladders would cause damage...there not designed to be over pumped.

To say it is a "POS of the highest magnitude" is just ludicrous.

This is the best helmet I have ever used, quietest and most functional.

T

TheVmaxrider

To each his own. My experience with the EXO1000 speaks for itself, chin vent fell off, chin piece cracked, spring fell out of shield mount/dismount "knob", and it came with a cheek piece tab busted (was broken before I even pumped it and the Scorpion rep said "Oh yeah, thats quite common.). When I pay $350+ tax for a helmet ( I even got a big discount as they retail for $400+ here) I do expect it will last longer than a season. From what I have heard the EXO700 helmets are nice though. For next year I am getting a KBC. Will see how that goes.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I broke the cheek mounting tabs in my EXO-1000 too, although it was from removing them, not overpumping the cheek pads (I found I didn't need the pump feature at all, guess I got a fat face). My internal sunshield mechanism isn't working too smoothly either.
It's not a bad helmet, but I'll look elsewhere when its time for a replacement.